Realtime chat between silentpc members???

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jimbobUK

Realtime chat between silentpc members???

Post by jimbobUK » Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:36 pm

Hi..

Thanks for everyone's help.. I've just discovered the fan spec and had it in Excel format.. just what i was looking for.. nicely done.. probably going to get the papst 120mm fan to play with to attempt to cool my SLK-800 using the Zalman bracket...

Anyways onto business... is there any way for us to have some form of realtime communication.. I didn't see anything mentioning it in all my travels.. I think it would be a nice addition... I dunno what would be suitable... efnet on IRC is easily accessible... telnet even more so.. I know of some talkers for the latter... IRC is cool until u get channel probs.. I don't know nothing about admin-ing that but i doubt we'd get too many undesirables... how about it.. something like sitting in the #silentpc channel on efnet (or some other suitable server)

Just a thought.. obviously one for when you are at home unless you have particularly relaxed employers.. well just in case I'm going to sit in #silentpc on efnet and see if anyone drops by :)

Laters

quokked

Post by quokked » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:27 pm

Good idea jimbo with the IRC type of chat, the only problem is that there's not enough ppl in these forums to keep a chat room active.... :(

jimbobUK

Post by jimbobUK » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:36 pm

i noticed that ... posts seem to go stale... VERY stale... very quickly :/

How many are "we" ..?

quokked

Post by quokked » Fri Nov 15, 2002 5:58 pm

errr well for the forums there is 430 Registered users but a fair few of these just browse on the forums...... :( OCAU (another website) has like up to 500 users browsing simulatnously on their forums..... but silentpcreview will grow :)

Gxcad
Patron of SPCR

Post by Gxcad » Mon Nov 18, 2002 11:11 pm

If anyone wanna real time me my sn is "Gxcad" for aim:D First time msgers it would help if you clearly state you are from spcr in first message or in your profile (I always check the info button first for new msgs). Otherwise you may be ignored;p

-Ken