Cold Cathode Lighting

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

hawtfrank

Cold Cathode Lighting

Post by hawtfrank » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:17 am

So I want to add some Cold Cathode Lighting into my Case, I have seen kits which I can buy, just no idea how to install them.

I want to add Blue and UV Lights inside 2 ea with a sound reactor, a couple lasers and some UV reactive material.

Also is there a Light Control box to route all my lights to? Maybe make one?

jhhoffma

Post by jhhoffma » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:04 am

Sorry, this not really the right place to post this question. It should really be in the Off Topic forum since it has nothing to do with quiet computing...

Besides, why would you want to go making your beautiful stock case all garish and ugly like that? :wink:

hawtfrank

Post by hawtfrank » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:24 am

jhhoffma wrote:Sorry, this not really the right place to post this question. It should really be in the Off Topic forum since it has nothing to do with quiet computing...

Besides, why would you want to go making your beautiful stock case all garish and ugly like that? :wink:
well I don't know. They are sound reactive lights.

Im going much further then just lights, Im getting into the whole after-market modding scene. I plan on redoing molex connectors and cable sleeves, adding grommets, vibration dampeners, adding a terminal block, and making a custom window. I want to Paint certain parts of the inside with UV reactive paint etc etc. Just things to make the inside look cool.

With this build I am learning how to:
Etch
Solder
Air Brush
Make Custom Cables
Make Custom Side Panels

I plan on taking a metals tech class, after which I am going to do a make a custom case.