Thanks for all the excellent work and help

The forum for non-component-related silent pc discussions.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

blankus

Thanks for all the excellent work and help

Post by blankus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:58 am

I thank all for the hard and excellent work done by those behind this site and the community. It has been very helpful to me over the years.

I've been visiting this site (infrequently), since February 2006, likely even earlier but I do not have a record of that. Likely I've been a member of this forum before, but forgot, so I made a new one a couple of years ago.

I bought the P180 in February 2006 and I still use the PC daily, and I'm very satisfied with that buy. Had it not been for this forum I've probably not even known about this excellent case. Over the years I've changed various parts but the last major overhaul, a couple of years ago, all fans, motherboard, CPU, PSU, GPU and hard disk (now a SSD) was replaced. Now I finally could make it silent with all noise-making components having a review here (Edit: I did reduce the noise with the help SPCR before but could not achieve the levels in the reviews as the components was not available or too expensive for me at that time. Using a SSD along with it's reduced cooling requirements helped much, along with better motherboard support for fan control in consumer devices.)