GlobalWin YCC-61F1 Case experience /judgements?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

tkortens
Friend of SPCR

GlobalWin YCC-61F1 Case experience /judgements?

Post by tkortens » Fri May 02, 2003 1:09 pm

Hi all, I have been looking for my next case - possibly the modded D8000, the upcoming Acousticase and the Globalwin case as mentioned above.

At some point the reviews and research only go so far and I wondered if anyone had any opinions of the Globalwin YCC-61F1 case ...?

It is a full tower but more wider than taller than a mid-tower.

I note it also cannot take a 38mm x 120mm fan up front ...

Computernerd is selling them with no PSU and a clear side window for $145 at present ...

Thanks,
Tony

Katana Man
Patron of SPCR

Post by Katana Man » Fri May 02, 2003 1:46 pm

I don't have any experience "yet" with the GlobalWin YCC-61F1, but to me, this looks like the best mid tower you can buy right now. From the many reviews out there, it looks close to perfect. Well designed.

Liquidated just got one in this morning, maybe he can shed some light, and pictures.

Update: You guys must have posted at the same time: :)
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... 8975#18975

tkortens
Friend of SPCR

Post by tkortens » Fri May 02, 2003 4:18 pm

I just read Liquidated's post and yours - so muchos gracias ...

I went ahead and placed the order ... :lol:

I think I follow all the specs - one questions where to order the Papst 4412's?

Cheers - and thanks - to both of you.
Tony

Liquidated

hmm

Post by Liquidated » Fri May 02, 2003 7:08 pm

I'm not so eaten up in the world of silence (yet) to know what the numbers on a pabst are off hand but plycon has low flow 80mm 92mm and 120mm fans.

try http://www.plycon.com, the other places I found from google were located in europe.

As for the case itself it's not that big really and is very solid in construction even though it's very light (can easily lift it with one finger before the psu is put in. The clear side included is optional as computernerd gives you the standard aluminum siding as well.

When I ordered it I kinda backdoored the site and had no idea it came with anything extra. $145 with 2.50 handling and ups ground came in under 170 after tax for me... quite a deal for a case this well made. I honestly have no intention of ever getting rid of it unless they move away from the ATX standard.

Note: If you are acustomed to lian li cases, keep in mind none of the edges are curled so you may want to work on it a bit to make it more hand friendly. That's the first thing I'm working on, though it's optional to sand it down or line it.

Anyway the bits and pieces for this computer will slide in over the coming month as I hold out for a canterwood so I have plenty of time to tweak the case.

Love it stock though that front bezel is screaming modder's mesh to me... must resist.

oh and my sister has my camera (doubtless more pictures of the dogs) I'll try and post a few later after I've worked on it a bit. By then she'll bring back the camera hopfully. Don't hold breath though honestly, the reviews have much better shots lol

Cheers!
-Liq

Badashmods

Post by Badashmods » Fri May 09, 2003 11:21 pm

globalwins the best. However I reccomend puting your hard drive in a smart drive 2002 in the lower front and removing the hard drive cage. If you don't the case will resonate with the sound of your drive even a barracuda. Then you can also install 120x38mm if you want up front. That price is a steal, however I have heard mixed reviews about computernerd, you should check resellerratings.com

Liquidated

yah

Post by Liquidated » Sat May 10, 2003 2:59 am

just came to the same conclusion about the lower drive cage and the smart drive yesterday...

more room for more foam!!

not sure how I'll mount it though, got carried away with the thought of MORE foam.

wow is that the sun coming up?

Cheers!
-Liq'd

CRT_Leech

Post by CRT_Leech » Mon May 12, 2003 12:57 pm