Does anyone have any experince with IMPRESSION cases?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

mannin32

Does anyone have any experince with IMPRESSION cases?

Post by mannin32 » Tue May 13, 2003 8:04 am

Does anyone have an IMPRESSION case. They have them at New egg and they look really cool I think I might hop on it. Any stories?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.a ... 14&order=1

rpc180
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by rpc180 » Tue May 13, 2003 8:25 am

There are alot of reviews out on that case (external to SPCR though). Most are under the title: G-Mono. I think its an AMS design that's being relabled. Google a 'G Mono review'

dukla2000
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by dukla2000 » Tue May 13, 2003 11:40 am

Yeah - I've got that case. The blue/silver version.

It is actually made by Chyang Fun, their model is CF2029. In Europe it is distruted by Jou Jye. And actually I have the model CF2129 which you can see on the Jou Jye site: the Chyang Fun web site is not clear as to all the options but the CF2129 has 120mm intake fan at the front. As you can see (or imagine) in the Newegg pics there is room even in that (Newegg) case for a 120mm in the front, the mounting holes are there. But you need to cut out a hole in the tin plate as well as the 10mm thick front perspex if you expect a front fan to get air.

In my eyes - a beautiful case. The paint is to car(/auto) standard, I haven't cut my finders (i.e. no sharp edges) since I got it. Note there is no removable mobo tray; may change your thinking but there is plenty of room inside and I haven't found that a problem. Give a yell any questions - I recommend it (and wish I had gotten one at that price!)