I wish I would have seen this case before I dropped money on

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Td_nw

I wish I would have seen this case before I dropped money on

Post by Td_nw » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:49 pm

Pretty, Expensive, and makes me wish I did not already have a case for the new rig.

And a review but not of the 1080

What do you think for silencing potential over the stock 1080? The outside has got to be dampend. Could use very little dampening inside if you enjoying lining your case with fun foam stuff. (like me :) ) (I know noise coming out the front bezel would still have to be handled someway, but it is made of freaking real wood! Come on!) Someone please buy this, silence it, post pictures and make me cry!

On a different note - Anybody want to buy a never used Melamine dampend D8000 with two isolated and grommet mounted JMC 120mm Fans - Intake 12v Exhaust 7v? Open on pricing but asking about, say, $399.99 and you pay shipping from Japan.

Rusty075
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Rusty075 » Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:55 pm

You know you could just do that yourself to the case you already have. The maple veneering is only a couple of dollars a square foot.

Hey, you could build a bunch and sell 'em :lol:

somebody

Post by somebody » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:09 pm

Td_nw, I hope you realize that the wood is only a thin layer. I only mention this because from your comments about the dampening potential of the case it seems that you think its actually built with wood.

Td_nw

Post by Td_nw » Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:40 pm

Rusty075 wrote:You know you could just do that yourself to the case you already have.
I have to force my hand to touch a dremel to the case, and I feel that I slightly know what I am doing with that. When it comes to wood and wood tools I think that they frighten me. :lol: You, on the other hand seem quite comfortable with woodworking, as the thought of me turning a wooden desk into a computer would send me screaming.

somebody wrote:I hope you realize that the wood is only a thin layer.
I know, but you "wood" think every little bit "wood" help. :lol: