Best Aopen Cases?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

goldeneyeoutlaw

Best Aopen Cases?

Post by goldeneyeoutlaw » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:39 pm

The store that is making my PC has decent access to Aopen's products. Can someone please let me know which Aopen cases are recommended so I can hopefully get one of those.

Thanks guys!

:wink:

NeilBlanchard

well...

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:20 pm

Hello:

It's a little like asking: "which is the best vanilla flavor?" :wink: MANY of the AOpen's seem to have very constricted fan grills.

I'm looking here: http://www.aopen.com/products/housing/default.htm

The H800A has a very large air filter, though it looks like it's a server case and they show you diddly on the fan grills.

Can this shop use tin snips? :o

goldeneyeoutlaw

Post by goldeneyeoutlaw » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:25 pm

not sure if the store will do "tin snips". Would it be better if I did it or they did it?

NeilBlanchard

Check out the "sticky" in this section

Post by NeilBlanchard » Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:47 pm

Hello:
goldeneyeoutlaw wrote:ummm what do you mean by "tin snips"?
Check out the "sticky" at the beginning of this section. Tin snips are for cutting sheet metal.

The quietest fan grill is no fan grill at all -- though wire grills are pretty darn quiet! 9 out 10 cases (or maybe it's 49 out of 50...) have grills that are only 30-40% open (a SOTP guestimate) whereas nice open grills like Antecs/Cheiftec/Chenming/etc. are probably 90-95% open. The best I've ever seen was a LiteOn (I think) with a polished stainless mobo tray and the best 120mm grills -- but you had to pay >$200 for the thing... :roll:

VTEC

Post by VTEC » Sat Jun 28, 2003 11:58 am

The new aluminum A600 Series looks very promising. Here is a recent review.

MikeC
Site Admin

Post by MikeC » Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:33 pm

VTEC wrote:The new aluminum A600 Series looks very promising. Here is a recent review.
No photos or description of front air intake path, especially through outside bezel in either AOpen or review site. Makes it difficult to assess; back panel fan vent needs cutting IMO.