Any experience of Akasa Crypto case?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

venkman1984

Any experience of Akasa Crypto case?

Post by venkman1984 » Sat May 15, 2010 5:46 am

Hello everyone. I'm new to these parts and like many newcomers I'm here as I'm thinking of replacing my current 3 year old HTPC setup with a shiny new build.

Rather than splurge all my requests for advice on the components of the new build in one go, I'm just taking things one step at a time. First up, the case. I've decided already that miniITX ION build is the solution for me. I've so far identified 2 cases that would fit the bill. The Antec ISK 300-65 and the Akasa Crypto.

Needless to say there is already a wealth of info on the Antec in these forums that has been of immense help. It certainly would fit the bill and I'm on the verge of getting one. However, the Akasa Crypto has now caught my eye.

Firstly, I think it's a better looking case. Also, it has a slightly beefier 80W PSU that may come in handy. After that though, I have only a couple of brief online reviews to advise me, probably as it's such a new case to the market.

So, I find myself here asking the good people of the SPCR forums for some help. If either you or any friends have any experience with the Akasa, good or bad I would greatly appreciate it.