Nexus RX430 - Any particular case go well with this?

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

JWK1

Nexus RX430 - Any particular case go well with this?

Post by JWK1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:42 am

I can get the discontinued Nexus RX-430 from Amazon right now for a really good price. I've looked at the feedback for this PS on various links and found some people were not happy with the cables and how they fit in certain cases. I'm wondering if anyone has a case in mind that works well with this model. I'm only looking to build and internet machine and watch the occasional movie. The movie would be right on the computer monitor, so nothing special at all. Mostly just home office stuff. I don't care about the size or look of the case. I just want it to be quiet and easy to work on.

Any suggestions and info appreciated. Thanks.

edh

Re: Nexus RX430 - Any particular case go well with this?

Post by edh » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:24 am

If this is going to be a light office use system then the Nexus is somewhat over the top to power it. I would also say that unless this is a really, really cheap price that the Nexus is somewhat old now and more efficient and quieter PSUs exist.

What components do you want to put in the case? Is space important? MicroATX or smaller would be of benefit and most likely cheaper for the same noise level.

JWK1

Post by JWK1 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:17 pm

I guess light office use would be a good description. Now that I look again at Amazon, I don't find it anymore. It was selling for $69.00.

I'm back to square one. For case; space is not important. I don't care if it's big or small. I just want it quiet. Since I need so little computing power, I'm thinking $60 motherboards and CPUs. Intel 1155 sockets with celeron CPUs or AMD AM3+ type boards and CPUs. DDR3 1333 memory sticks. Linux Mint OS. It's just an internet/office machine, but I spend a lot of time doing research so I want a decent monitor and a quiet computer.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Vicotnik » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:31 am

Seasonic G360 seems to be the PSU to get right now. Cheaper than that used Nexus unit and more efficient.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/Seasonic_G360

Or you could go with a picoPSU and build small. :)