Silent cases and dual gpu question

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

birdei

Silent cases and dual gpu question

Post by birdei » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:38 pm

I am wanting to upgrade my case to a Fractal R4 windowed but my co-worker who built my pc have no experience with silent cases before. So I have a question about how bad the temperature would be inside the case be with two gtx 660s. The case I have now has a side fan to keep the temps down. I know there is a non window version that do have a side fan mount though. But I like to see the components inside.

I was thinking about this fan set up;
-top front have that spot for my H80 (if possible) cpu cooler
-bottom front as intake (looks like psu might get in the way)
-bottom as intake
-rear exhaust
-keep the top two slots closed.

Any helpful info would be great appreciated.

quest_for_silence

Re: Silent cases and dual gpu question

Post by quest_for_silence » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:43 am

You may give a look at the SPCR reviews about the Antec P183 (FD primary source of inspiration) and Antec P280 (sort of P183 successor).

IMVHO your idea wouldn't look so sound. Unless you already have a 660 SLI pair, at first glance a single 770 or 780 would probably run noticebly quieter and cooler (with a modest or about no performance penalty), as well as (with reference to a 660 SLI pair) a gamer case with proper hw inside should give better overall results than a "silence-oriented" one.

birdei

Re: Silent cases and dual gpu question

Post by birdei » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:24 pm

I just saw the nzxt h630 while browsing newegg and it would seem like that would fit my needs. Thank you.