Zalman R1

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

amjedm

Zalman R1

Post by amjedm » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:24 pm

Not sure if someone has posted about this case...

http://www.zalman.com/eng/product/Produ ... hp?Idx=925

On pre-order - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/zalman-r ... ith-window

Alternative to the Fractal R4?

Pappnaas

Re: Zalman R1

Post by Pappnaas » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:20 pm

Judging from the pictures on the homepage it looks pretty restricted on the intake. R4 has a bottom intake and uses the whole length of the front for side vents.

My guess is: No, won't match R4, probably not even close.

~El~Jefe~
Friend of SPCR

Post by ~El~Jefe~ » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 am

If you have low wattage components, i think it is a fine device. If you game, I would say it would get hot inside there. Would it get too hot? i duno. I think probably not. If you were worried, I would put fans on the top with an on/off switch. That way you can game and turn them on, or close the cover and have it silent.

idea?

amjedm

Post by amjedm » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:34 pm

Pappnaas wrote:Judging from the pictures on the homepage it looks pretty restricted on the intake. R4 has a bottom intake and uses the whole length of the front for side vents.

My guess is: No, won't match R4, probably not even close.
I should have said low cost alternative - half the price of the R4... :)
~El~Jefe~ wrote:If you have low wattage components, i think it is a fine device. If you game, I would say it would get hot inside there. Would it get too hot? i duno. I think probably not. If you were worried, I would put fans on the top with an on/off switch. That way you can game and turn them on, or close the cover and have it silent.

idea?
Was thinking of only a basic setup, no gaming. It lacks some of the features of the R4 which I can understand.

Lucky Luciano

Post by Lucky Luciano » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:50 am

The front seems like a poorly designed copy of CM Silencio 550, judging by the pics and vids I've found.

Instead of putting the front fan(s) on the inside of the chassis, they're on the outside with the front bezel. So rather than standing behind the side vents, they're in-line with them so I'm struggling to understand how it can even suck air from those slits.