Raijintek Aeneas mATX Cube Case

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

timosa

Raijintek Aeneas mATX Cube Case

Post by timosa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:50 pm

It would be interesting to know your analysis about Raijintek's new case. Does it have potential to build a quiet PC?

edh

Re: Raijintek Aeneas mATX Cube Case

Post by edh » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 am

288×380×430 mm - for MicroATX that really is massive! That's bigger than many ATX cases. Not content with putting a MicroATX board on it's side across the case they've then added a 5th slot to it to make it even wider! I really wouldn't. If you want a silent MicroATX case and it doesn't need to be especially small then the Define Mini is a much better proposition. If a compact footprint is important then Silverstone have many offerings such as the TJ-08E.

It seems overly designed around water cooling which means that it will not be ideal for a low airflow silent system.

The dual zone cooling seems built around the idea of lots of hard disk drives and in such a system you won't get silence anyway. Also given that the bottom chamber has a 120mm fan on the back adjacent to a PSU slot on it's side, it won't be ideal for use of a passive PSU as the natural passive cooling of the PSU won't function well when air is eddying in and out of it from the 120mm fan next to it.

I would also have to bring up that it has a name that really doesn't work well in the English language. Aeneas just sounds too much like anus.

cerbie

Post by cerbie » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:54 pm

If you wanted to work at it, I'm sure you could do it, but it doesn't look made for it, by a mile.

Silverstone's PS07 can easily be made inaudible when idling for any hardware that fits, though is a challenge for heavy loads, and the TJ08-e can be made whisper quiet for almost any load (the big fan blades right up against the filter, without indirect intakes, makes inaudibility difficult, though). Then, there's the Define Mini and Nanoxia Deep Silence Minis, for damped/closed cases.

It looks to me like a me-too of the Corsair Air 240, but without nearly the thought put into it.

timosa

Post by timosa » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks for your opinions, guys. It seems, that it's not as cleverly designed as I thought when saw it. Corsair Carbide Air 240 looks like both an innovative and beautiful case.

pony-tail

Post by pony-tail » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:32 pm

These are a very well made chassis , the design is a bit "iffy" they are not great for water cooling either ( AIO. coolers aside - with their noisy pumps and lacklustre performance and all )
They look to be designed to be built with an all in one liquid cooler in the roof - or a large air cooler and a 300mm graphics card ( or 2 )- should tell you who it is made for !
I had hopes for it as I am looking for a horisontal mobo case - because for me height is a problem the width not so much .
But it is definitely better than the Coolermaster N200 p.o.s. that I have at present .