Silverstone Raven RVZ02

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Jotunn

Silverstone Raven RVZ02

Post by Jotunn » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:18 pm

The evolution of the RVZ01. I am more impressed with the design of this case versus the RVZ01, primarily because of the proper chamber separaration, SFX-L PSU compatibility, allowing it to be quieter with a 120mm fan on the PSU, and more. Not to mention that it is slimmer than its predecessor. My only question is the lack of air filters on the windowed version. Sadly, the pictures on the raven sub site are limited.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/raven/pro ... odel=RVZ02

What do you people think?

Cistron

Re: Silverstone Raven RVZ02

Post by Cistron » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:51 pm

I've been looking at the photographs and I'm not sure how you can tell _anything_ about the case from them. I can't even tell where the mainboard would sit.

Does it have to get even slimmer? At some point this just becomes too cumbersome.

Jotunn

Post by Jotunn » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Cistron wrote:I've been looking at the photographs and I'm not sure how you can tell _anything_ about the case from them. I can't even tell where the mainboard would sit.

Does it have to get even slimmer? At some point this just becomes too cumbersome.
There are video reviews of it on YouTube. They can give you a bit more info on how a system is built inside it.

Jim Byram
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Jim Byram » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:58 am

Here are some reviews with builds...
http://www.techspot.com/review/1062-sil ... ven-rvz02/
http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_ ... _lg,1.html

Nice case that is easy to build in. I'd prefer the alternate variant without the window.

Abula

Post by Abula » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:47 am

I like more the finish of the ML08

Btw the RVZ01 was SFX-L friendly, its not exclusive of this new gens. Overall i agree, i like its less thick and seems better though, but this is also at the expense of no case fans and smaller cpu cooler, so there are compromises over the RVZ01.

Jotunn

Post by Jotunn » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:00 am

Abula wrote:I like more the finish of the ML08

Btw the RVZ01 was SFX-L friendly, its not exclusive of this new gens. Overall i agree, i like its less thick and seems better though, but this is also at the expense of no case fans and smaller cpu cooler, so there are compromises over the RVZ01.
True. The Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B is the tallest cooler this can fit, and that fan would be right up against the filters on the non-windowed version.

Abula

Post by Abula » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Jotunn wrote:The Scythe Big Shuriken 2 rev. B is the tallest cooler this can fit, and that fan would be right up against the filters on the non-windowed version.
That or the Silverstone AR06. Would be interesting to see who is the king of 58mm.

Jotunn

Post by Jotunn » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:19 am

Abula wrote:That or the Silverstone AR06. Would be interesting to see who is the king of 58mm.
Aye. Although with how Scythe has been rehashing a bunch of coolers, I am curious to see if the do the same to the Big Shuriken line and release the SCBSK-3000.