Small quiet budget ATX cases for i7-4790k

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

cycleback

Small quiet budget ATX cases for i7-4790k

Post by cycleback » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:24 am

Are there any recommended budget cases that will fit an ATX motherboard which are quiet? The only thing in the case will be the i7-4790k (using the integrated graphics) with a cooler master hyper evo 212 cooler, ATX power supply (though I could get something smaller potentially), and a SSD. The smallest case on the SPCR recommended list is the Antec Solo II at 40 liters (vertical case) or Silverstone GD01 and LC17 HTPC at 31 liters (horizontal case) and Antec Fusion Remote Max at 38 liters (horizontal case). In general I prefer vertical cases but I am open to other suggestions.

Abula

Re: Small quiet budget ATX cases for i7-4790k

Post by Abula » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Solo II is a solid choice.

Another that its on sale atm is the Fractal Design Define S Silent Computer Case $69.99, that was reviewed also by SCPR Fractal Design Define S Tower Case.

cycleback

Post by cycleback » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks for the recommendations. Isn't the Fractal Design Define S Silent the same size as the Define R5? I have that case now and need to find something smaller.

Abula

Post by Abula » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:32 pm

cycleback wrote:Thanks for the recommendations. Isn't the Fractal Design Define S Silent the same size as the Define R5? I have that case now and need to find something smaller.
You want smaller in ATX? Antec Solo II will probably be a small as it can be with the standard layout.

If you want smaller the only way would be a case that has the PSU not below the Mobo, thus allowing a smaller height overall (the height you save is the PSU height), Lian li is a brand that does this type of cases, from what i remember the the LIAN LI PC-A05 A and PC-A51 were the one that use this style of layout, i leave you a couple of videos for you to see if thats what you are looking,

Lian Li PC-A05N - Mini Tower Case Review
Lian Li PC-A51
Lian Li PC-A51 - Aluminum Mid Tower ATX Case

I cant seem to find it too easy, i believe the new iteration is the LIAN LI PC-A55B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case.