Silverstone SUGO SG09/SG10 with Fanless PSU

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

Domisan756

Silverstone SUGO SG09/SG10 with Fanless PSU

Post by Domisan756 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:12 am

Hi all,

I'm looking to build a small & quiet system with an i5-6600K and GTX-970 GPU.

If I have to go with a microATX case I think I'll go for the TJ08-E. I think this would be possible to set-up with a fanless PSU.

However, I'm still leaning towards a mini-ITX build and I like the Corsair Obsidian 250D, but I doubt a fan-less PSU is advisable here.

The NCASE M1 and Rosswill cases previously discussed on the site aren't available in Europe it seems, so no option there and the BF Prodigy is just too large for an ITX case. So I was wondering if anyone was build a system based on the (dead ugly) SUGO SG09 or SG10 and a fanless PSU and what is the experience there?

Thx,
Domi

CA_Steve

Re: Silverstone SUGO SG09/SG10 with Fanless PSU

Post by CA_Steve » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:32 am

Welcome to SPCR.

What about the recently reviewed Lian-Li PC-Q10?

Need to be careful with component selection for fit and probably want to replace the rear fan. Top mounted PSU, so passive would work.

Domisan756

Re: Silverstone SUGO SG09/SG10 with Fanless PSU

Post by Domisan756 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:53 am

CA_Steve wrote:Welcome to SPCR.

What about the recently reviewed Lian-Li PC-Q10?

Need to be careful with component selection for fit and probably want to replace the rear fan. Top mounted PSU, so passive would work.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, nice and stylish case, I actually saw that article and quickly discarded this case as an option due to the limited specs for GPU length. Neither an ASUS Strix 970 or MSI 970 M4 would fit (let alone an 980). I haven't yet looked too much at possible fanless PSUs, so I'm not sure if they can be easily found in the 150mm range. I would think the PSU should be fully modular as well to avoid impeded airflow with unused cables.

Regards,
Domi