Corsair 760T/ Fractal Define XL R2 / Deep Silence 5

Enclosures and acoustic damping to help quiet them.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Devonavar

gbohn

Corsair 760T/ Fractal Define XL R2 / Deep Silence 5

Post by gbohn » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi;

I was looking into finding a quiet case for an E-ATX motherboard. I came across a review of quiet cases at https://us.hardware.info/reviews/5704/s ... s-reviewed.

I was looking at the Define XL R2, and the Deep silence 5. (The article covered the deep silence 1 (not 5) but I was hoping that it had similar performance to Deep silence 5).

I was surprised to see that the Corsair 760T seemed to come out better than either overall (cooling per noise level) despite not having any sound dampening material, etc.

Anyone have any experience with these cases to tell if the Corsair 760T is better than the others in their experience?

Thanks;

quest_for_silence

Re: Corsair 760T/ Fractal Define XL R2 / Deep Silence 5

Post by quest_for_silence » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:49 am

gbohn wrote:Hi;

I was looking into finding a quiet case for an E-ATX motherboard. I came across a review of quiet cases at https://us.hardware.info/reviews/5704/s ... s-reviewed.

I was looking at the Define XL R2, and the Deep silence 5. (The article covered the deep silence 1 (not 5) but I was hoping that it had similar performance to Deep silence 5).

I was surprised to see that the Corsair 760T seemed to come out better than either overall (cooling per noise level) despite not having any sound dampening material, etc.

Anyone have any experience with these cases to tell if the Corsair 760T is better than the others in their experience?

Thanks;
I can't help about your specific question, but about those dutch guys (hardware.info) my advice is to discount half what they said in advance: in my own experience they are not the most reliable source about everything (lots of data but not often useful).

About E-ATX enclosures, look also to the Thermaltake Suppressor series.

gbohn

Re: Corsair 760T/ Fractal Define XL R2 / Deep Silence 5

Post by gbohn » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:20 am

> About E-ATX enclosures, look also to the Thermaltake Suppressor series.

Thanks, I'll check those out as well.