Anyone know anything about the NSK 4000?

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Villa

Anyone know anything about the NSK 4000?

Post by Villa » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:46 pm

I've heard the NSK4400 is exactly the same as the NSK4000, so I guess reviews of that case would be good too. =) Does anyone know about how good the airflow is in this case? What about the sound straight out of the box, is it hearable? Any thing else about it that might be bad (or good) about it?

I was thinking of buying either the NSK 4000 or the Coolermaster RC-532. Which one is best out of the box? (Both come without PSUs)

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Felger Carbon

Post by Felger Carbon » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:21 pm

Hint: If you want to find out about X, try the search feature that SPCR has. Also try different spellings, such as "nsk 4000" and "nsk4000".

I just tried to search for "nsk4000", and I got 4 hits, one of which is yours. At least one of the others has the info you're after. Have a go! :D

=assassin=

Post by =assassin= » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:17 pm

I've got the NSK 4400, and the airflow is quite good - my 3800+ single core is kept below 43C most of the time with the stock fan throttled back to 1000rpm, so if it can allow a stock AMD fan to work quiet then it must have good airflow! The rear 120mm fan is nice, and the cone at the side is useful too - the only problem is case resonance on the front plastic panel, although that is easily fixed. I haven't got round to doing it yet, but I noticed that a deep buzzing wasn't the growl of a fan afterall, but the very front part of the case, as the pastic is quite thin. Gently touching the front stopped it, making the system very quiet (it's not that bad anyway) so I reckin if some sturdy foam was placed behind to hold the front panel secure, then that noise will be gone. Going back to airflow, the graphcis card and system chipsets are kept cool too, so overall I'm very happy with the case. Minor niggles for me though was reduced space making placing things a little harder than maybe it might have been with a bigger case, but I think the overall design is quite cute - being slightly shorter on the depth.