Building a Quiet system in Korea

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

gabbo1234

Building a Quiet system in Korea

Post by gabbo1234 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:18 pm

Hello Everyone,

I recently moved to Inchon, Korea to teach English and have a good time. I had to sell my computer (antec solo, e6300, AC freezer fanless, 7600 GT with vf900 running on 5v etc.) to get some spending money for the first month that I am teaching.

So I wanna build something new. I have a small apartment that is very quiet. So I'm thinking of building a nice quiet system in a Silverstone SG-03. My question is which websites should I order from? How much would the shipping charges be (I don't want to pay too much on shipping)? Are there any good PC stores around here that would have what I'm looking for (hopefully they understand english)?

I'm only here for a year so plan B would be to just get a laptop but that's not as much fun as building your own. I saw some very nice samsung laptops and notebooks in the department store the other day.

Any words of advice from the silent pc community would be much appreciated.

Seoul Hustler

Post by Seoul Hustler » Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:34 pm

Gabbo -

Try danawa.co.kr if you can read Korean. If you can't yet, learn quick. Yongsan in downtown Seoul is the place to go, about an hour or 2 by subway from Incheon, depending on where in Incheon you are.

My best advice is to figure out what you want and then order it. Yongsan can best be described as an "experience." Meaning I get lost and frustrated every time I go there. There is one large building called i-Park that is nice and neat and clean and well organized, but when I built my system two weeks ago, no Antec cases to be had. Ended up with a 20 dollar Korean brand, and it's actually fairly quiet. I was unwilling to go traipsing around to the numerous buildings because, as I said I got lost and frustrated. One of my friends loves the search, I hate it.

Find what you want to buy on danawa, then have a Korean friend or co-worker order it for you. Take them out to dinner as a thank-you.

That's my advice.