2 water cooled 980's making noise /mineral oil pcie extender

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

psycho888

2 water cooled 980's making noise /mineral oil pcie extender

Post by psycho888 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello, I'm in a pickle. This is the only site that remotely comes close to silent pc's (I look'd everywhere) and this is my first time posting for help. But not sure if any of you will know this question as I'm really deep in this project. So I'm going to try and explain my setup and what I'm about to do.

2 msi 980's with ek waterblock 1489mhz +40v | 4930k @ 4.2ghz 1.3v waterblock | 2400mhz quad channel ram | rampage 4 extreme | be quiet straight power 10 800w psu | 1tb 840 evo | 900d case | 4 Alphacool Cape Cora HF 442 Passive Radiator | 4 Alphacool Cape Cora HF 642 Passive Radiator | 3 420 swift tech silence rads (using them as passive) | 2 d5 vario pump (adjusted to almost stalling) | 2 watertankz 60x420 res | cpu has its own loop and the cards have its own.

As you can see I'm trying to go for a 100% silent build that CAN NOT go under the score of 21000 in firestrike. So far I almost achieved that. By taking ALL fans off the pc and rads (except the psu) and adjusted the pumps, its dead silent even with ear few inches away from each component in pc while idol. But then when stress test's for gpu's happens then you hear a slight electric current, even with water blocks on the cards they still make noise.

So my idea was to make a box that I can put the cards (will be putting massive passive cooling unit on cards) and psu and pump, fill box up with mineral oil and have 1 loop dedicated to the mineral oil that is cooling off cards/psu. In hopes that ALL electric current noise will be shuttered from the thick dense of the mineral oil.

So the real question's are 1. Can 2 pcie extenders http://www.digikey.com/product-search/e ... &vendor=19 be in the mineral oil with cards so that I don't have to dunk mobo in oil? 2. Will the mineral box shutter the electric current/coil whine type noise's?

If so then I can finally end my journey of 2 years for searching/building complete silent gaming computer. Also if your wondering why I need this silent, is because my headphones are the hd 800's so ANY noise from in room or PC will enter headphones and disrupt audio. My last build I tried to make silent ended up killing all my 3 hydro copper titans, 3930k, ram, ssd's. I'm low on money and can't be messing around this time as this one could be my last.

Please help, any idea's or criticism is accepted.