Making it quieter (Elite 430)

New to PC silencing? Read & post your questions here. Dedicated to rosy_toes.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

What would make a PC quiter?

New fans?
No votes
New CPU cooler?
No votes
New case?
No votes

Total votes: 0

boltpow3r

Making it quieter (Elite 430)

Post by boltpow3r » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:38 pm

Hello,

I am getting a pair of headphones that are open ear, and I can hear my case as it is with closed ear headphones, I can only imagine things will get worse. So, I'm going to try to make things quieter.

First things first. My build:

Case: CoolerMaster Elite 430
CPU: i5-2500 @3,3GHz
CPU cooler: SpinQ VT (dont ask, it seemed like a good idea back then)
GPU: R9 290 Vapor-X (indeed, it does freaking fits in the case :D)
MoBo: Z68AP-D3
HDD: 6x (3x green, 1x blue, 1x seagate, 1x external seagate, totalling 10TB of storage)
SSD: 1x Samsung EVO 850
PSU: XFX PRO 750W Core Edition 80Plus Bronze

Fan positioning: http://i.imgur.com/BmLQ8qc.png (blue = intake, red= out)

No.3 & No.4 are both Arctic Cooling F12 PWM Rev. 2 (very quiet imo, even at full speed)

Second of all, I believe I know what to do, I'm just making sure.

1. If possible change the case to something like Fractal Design R5 (something cheaper would be easier to get, right now changing the case is not an option)
2. Replace fans #1 and #2 with quieter ones, as well as change the PSUs fan (I dont know if I should do the last part)
3. Gotta do something with the HDDs, there is just no room to do anything about that ( I cannot buy new ones, nor can I sell them because I have nowhere to copy 3TB of data (^^')
4. Replace the CPU cooler perhaps? Maybe with the CoolerMaster Hyper Evo 212?

My case is packed. Its full of spaghetti, and by spaghetti I mean cables, not much room in the back for everything, plus hooking all 5xHDDs is tricky as hell in this case. The position for HDDs is just so clumsy.

I believe that changing the case would do more than just changing some of the fans, correct?

Thank you in advance,

xoxo