Wealth Distribution of US

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Beyonder

Post by Beyonder » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:31 pm

It seems that "pondering it yourself" is something you should try, Shining.

And you knew someone in high school who had a father who was a sociologist who had information that children whose guardians were of the same sex had a higher suicide rate? Well it just so happens that my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw a child of homosexual parents pass-out at 31 Flavors last night. :lol:

I guess it's pretty serious.

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:59 pm

Look, liberals love high taxes, secularism, gays, lesbians, transexuals, immigrants, single-parent familes, the handicapped and any other "oppressed minority" they can find; conservatives on the other hand favour the nuclear family, heterosexuality, low taxes, little state involvement in people's private lives, and Christianity (fundamentalist or otherwise); there is no common ground.

snutten

Post by snutten » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:01 pm

Comparing animal (mammals, not spiders) and man behaviour serve as a guidance as to what can be considered normal, from a biological point of view. At least when it comes to basic needs controlled by the "old" part of the brain which we share with other mammals, that is, other than cortex; regulating behaviour such as sleep, aggression and sex. It doesn't say anything about morals. The problem is that many "moral majority" people claim homosexuality is not only immoral, but also abnormal. It's claro que sì it's normal enough because all the other mammals are doin' it.

Btw, you can all probably forget about the "becoming gay because of environment problems" theory. Did you know that by studying the brain of infants we can sometimes predict what sex they will become attracted to as adults? Some parts of the brain are different, depending. The brain is not all man or woman, it is rather a mix with a tilt. Since the brain is our most important sex organ, this will show in different sexual preferences regardless of physical appearance and hormones. The tradegy of David Reimer comes to mind.
Being gay is not a simple choice.

I suppose this is nothing but a fly on the windscreen of those whooshing through life never having known anyone "not normal" or having been discriminated of for whatever reason. Some are already holding all the keys because the answers are right there in a holy book. I can only hope to inspire some reading up from realiable scientific sources. It's OK to be personally disgusted by homosexuality but it's definitely not OK to condemn on false facts and premises.