Antec Solo + Sound Card + Front Audio Ports

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Charuto

Antec Solo + Sound Card + Front Audio Ports

Post by Charuto » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:11 am

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it seems like a pretty newb thing to post. I want to use this sound card:

but I don't know where to connect the wires for the front audio ports on my Antec Solo. I haven't been able to locate the sound card manual online. If someone knows how to do this, or can point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated.

protellect

Post by protellect » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:46 am

It doesn't look like there is anywhere to connect front-panel audio on the card.

The front panel audio uses a connector with a set of pins that almost always looks like a USB set of pins, but the missing pin/key pin is in a different spot.

For example, this picture at the top of the card has the front panel connector that I'm used to seeing.

front panel connector

two rows of 5 pins, with the "top" row missing the 4th pin, as to not mis-key it with internal USB or firewire connectors.

Trekmeister

Post by Trekmeister » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:45 am

What protellect said...

But I would like to add that the unused J5 solder points looks like it could be a front panel audio connector. Maybe!

I would suggest taking a multimeter to the card to see if the solder points are connected to the correct terminals on the 3.5mm connectors. It might work if you are lucky =)

Edit:
I just remembered that a unused front audio connector should bridge two pairs of the pins to get the audio to the rear connectors... So the solder points are probably not for any front connectors after all.

dslabby

What brand of card was that in the picture?

Post by dslabby » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:06 pm

protellect,

What brand/model was that card in your picture?

I am looking for a card with the i/o ports shown AS WELL as the front panel connector, this seems to be a hard bird to find. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks