Merry Christmas

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

walle

Merry Christmas

Post by walle » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:23 pm

I would like to wish my fellow members a Merry Christmas.

I hope you get to have a great Christmas Holiday with family, friends, and loved ones.

:D

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by N7SC » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:20 am

A wonderful idea walle. Same to you, and everyone here at SPCR.

May the new year bring you all security, peace, love, and happiness

colm

Post by colm » Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:44 pm

merry xmas to spcr.

my first pc was driving me nuts around this time in 1998.

things have come a long way.
along for the ride to where they are headed.

xan_user
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by xan_user » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Happy Festivus everyone!

mr. poopyhead
Patron of SPCR

Post by mr. poopyhead » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:57 pm

siiiiiilent night..... hooooooly night...

merry christmas, spcr...

whispercat

Post by whispercat » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:23 am

Merry Christmas, and a quiet New Year.

walle

Post by walle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 am

I'ts that time of year again :D

Merry Christmas everyone! hope you get to share the Christmas spirit with your families.

Mettyx

Post by Mettyx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:08 am

[insulting image deleted]

walle

Post by walle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:20 pm

Our first troll in the thread, that was quick. Well, Merry Christmas troll. :)

Mettyx

Post by Mettyx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:32 pm

walle wrote:Our first troll in the thread, that was quick. Well, Merry Christmas troll. :)
How is pointing out the bizarre nonsense of Christmass and it's underlying silly superstition of magic god-man, virgin birth, magic tricks and resurrection constitute being a troll?

You do realize there is zero evidence that Jesus ever existed and texts that were used for centuries as evidence turned out to be forgeries?

[graphic image deleted]

Let's keep it real people-

walle

Post by walle » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Mettyx wrote:How is pointing out the bizarre nonsense of Christmass and it's underlying silly superstition of magic god-man, virgin birth, magic tricks and resurrection constitute being a troll
Look up the definition, educate yourself, make an effort. As for the religious aspect of Christmas? Well, you do realize that there are those that celebrate Christmas despite not being religious. Viewing it as a tradition, you ignoramus.

And since you apparently do not celebrate Christmas, for religious or other reasons, you posting here was thus a school book example of someone trolling. :roll:

Now please go and troll another thread, leave those who celebrate Christmas alone with opportunity to wish people a Merry Christmas without you disrupting the thread with your misguided troll nonsense. If you wish to discuss religion start a new thread.
Last edited by walle on Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edh

Post by edh » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:17 pm

I celebrate Christmas in its secular sense. The Bible never makes any reference to a date of Jesus' birth hence Muslims believe he was born in the summer and Jehovah's witnesses believe he was born in October and don't celebrate Christmas. The 25th of December is of astronomical significance as it is one of only 4 days of the year when the sun is at it's highest at a meridien line at 12:00, hence why it has been used by pageans for many thousands of years before Christianity. The date also has some significance in Roman and Greek mythology.

Anyway, stop worrying about it and just enjoy life.

N7SC
Location: Sunny Florida, where dead people vote 3 times in a county they never even lived in!

Post by N7SC » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:59 pm

walle wrote:
Mettyx wrote:How is pointing out the bizarre nonsense of Christmass and it's underlying silly superstition of magic god-man, virgin birth, magic tricks and resurrection constitute being a troll
Look up the definition, educate yourself, make an effort. As for the religious aspect of Christmas? Well, you do realize that there are those that celebrate Christmas despite not being religious. Viewing it as a tradition, you ignoramus.

And since you apparently do not celebrate Christmas, for religious or other reasons, you posting here was thus a school book example of someone trolling. :roll:

Now please go and troll another thread, leave those who celebrate Christmas alone with opportunity to wish people a Merry Christmas without you disrupting the thread with your misguided troll nonsense. If you wish to discuss religion start a new thread.
I agree fully, especially with the last paragraph, which I emphasized.

You don't need the belief in the Bible to celebrate or enjoy a day about peace, kindness, family, and friends. You just need to be human and have feelings.

Go away and leave us alone.

Mettyx

Post by Mettyx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:07 pm

N7SC wrote:
You don't need the belief in the Bible to celebrate or enjoy a day about peace, kindness, family, and friends. You just need to be human and have feelings.

The problem with this is that jesus-cultists hijack basic human emotions and pretend they have something to do with their pet superstition. Throughout all history they pretend morality is because of religion, instead of in spite of it.

You should have a problem when their constructs like christmass or easter serve this purpose and perpetuate their primitive nonsense and all the ugly baggage that goes with it.

[Mod: You've said your piece - please do not insult other people.]

edh

Post by edh » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:17 am

Mettyx wrote:The problem with this is that jesus-cultists hijack basic human emotions and pretend they have something to do with their pet superstition. Throughout all history they pretend morality is because of religion, instead of in spite of it.

You should have a problem when their constructs like christmass or easter serve this purpose and perpetuate their primitive nonsense and all the ugly baggage that goes with it.
While I might be an atheist, I can't agree with what you have written here. It's unpleasant for a start. You have tried to turn a nice thread into an excuse to discuss the philosophy of religion. This is unhelpful.

Also please take note of what I said before, Christmas is NOT a Christian construct so don't accuse them of inventing it. As I said before, just stop worrying and enjoy it. Nobody likes a Scrooge at Christmas.

walle

Post by walle » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:37 am

Mettyx wrote:The problem with this is that jesus-cultists hijack basic human emotions and pretend they have something to do with their pet superstition. Throughout all history they pretend morality is because of religion, instead of in spite of it.

I'm not suprised to see you back trolling. This is what bigots like you do all of the time, we know you are a bunch of miserable human beings and that you therefore want everyone else to be miserable too. That said thou, create your own thread and discuss religion there. Or take to the streets and protest Christmas, telling people how primitive you believe them to be. Or tear down the public square Christmas tree, be creative ok, but leave threads like this alone. You do not achieve anything constructive with your disruptive arrogant behaviour, and you are not converting, no pun, anyone to your atheist cause either. In fact, you end up alienating people who otherwise might have been interested in listening to what you had to say, which, judged by your posts, would be very doubtful in the first place.

So once more then :D

Merry Christmas everyone! hope you get to share the Christmas spirit with your families.

Last edited by walle on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:11 am

Have a Merry Atheist Christmas like me and my family if you don't believe in the Christian definition of Christmas.

Whatever you do though, enjoy yourself, have fun and don't do too many stupid things.

Andy

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:23 am

walle (and anyone else to whom this may apply, and won't be offended by):

Merry Christmas to you to, and a very Happy New Year.

and to the others:

Happy Holidays!

walle

Post by walle » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:54 pm

It's this time of the year again. :D

I would like to wish my fellow members a Merry Christmas.

I hope you get to have a great Christmas Holiday with family, friends, and loved ones.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Happy Holidays to all!

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:43 am

Here's hoping for peace on earth, and good will to all people.

andyb
Patron of SPCR

Post by andyb » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:04 pm

I do enjoy reminiscing over past threads and the strength and prowess of the comments that have already been laid to rest, and that new ones are created to (perhaps) "reinvigorate" the older ones, nonetheless all new post should always be welcome in all posts regardless of how they are received by others.

A welcome break off of work for many of us, and a time to strangle relatives, despise gifts, re-ignite old feuds, get very drunk, open a few dull presents and look forward to next year ;)

Andy

walle

Post by walle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:24 pm

Merry Christmas SPCR, I hope you get to have a great Christmas Holiday.

:D