what is more advance os x or windows 10

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

dan

what is more advance os x or windows 10

Post by dan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:33 am

not too long ago i asked about powerpc vs intel

i also asked about itanium

so here i ask what is more advance technology wise os x or windows 10 ?

has os x stagnated?

IMO i grew up with windows 95, so i still prefer 7

since os x is based on next step and next step was supposed to be this object oriented easy to program operating system why doesnt apple continue to lead with killer apps not including iphone

Vicotnik
*Lifetime Patron*

Re: what is more advance os x or windows 10

Post by Vicotnik » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:43 am

They are both worse. ;) What do you mean by advanced? There's so much more than the bare tech involved. And even if we narrow it down to only tech it's still a pretty hard question to answer. Why do you care?

dan

Post by dan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Vicotnik wrote:They are both worse. ;) What do you mean by advanced? There's so much more than the bare tech involved. And even if we narrow it down to only tech it's still a pretty hard question to answer. Why do you care?
im using windows 7

i am thinking of learning clover efi bootloader to boot on an an nvme on an ssd 4x pcie

they recommend windows 10 since it natively supports nvme

most of the info on clover efi is about install mac os x

creating a hackintosh

:D

edh

Post by edh » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:50 am

Linux. :lol:

fri2219

Post by fri2219 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Que es mas macho, lightbulb o schoolbus?

Uh, lightbulb?

No! Lo siento, Schoolbus es mas macho que lightbulb

Gracias. And we'll be back in un momento

Derek Semeraro

Post by Derek Semeraro » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:04 pm

I will say OS X.

Windows 10 received some modern GUI updates a few years ago as part of Microsoft's initiative to rebrand its image and promote Office 365. But since then, there hasn't been any substantial improvement. But it's still an incohesive and incohesive experience. Windows has old programming code at its core and the way it was designed results in new software having to conform to an older framework. Windows would have to recieve structural changes to modernize the operating system, but Microsoft will probably not do this because they value backwards compatibility and Windows 7 apps might not work on a totally designed Windows 10. Windows 10 overall is bloated, makes simple tasks needlessly complicated and doesn't feel like one unified cohesive OS.

The are some of the many issues holding Windows back.

* Frequent drivers issues
* Program installation is relatively slow.
* Background apps which consume a lot of RAM
* Low-res Icons/Menus from the 90's
* Two different application directories
* Two different settings menu's
* Cortana is slow
* Issues recognizing various bluetooth devices
* Viruses/spyware
* Poor scaling of high resolutions
* Generally slows down over time as its inner archives fill up

shawnyadav

Post by shawnyadav » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:48 am

It depends. For gaming you can't obviously choose Mac. But for work purposes they are pretty much the same thing but ofcourse osx will come expensive if you want high performance.

dan

Post by dan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:59 am

Derek Semeraro wrote:I will say OS X.

Windows 10 received some modern GUI updates a few years ago as part of Microsoft's initiative to rebrand its image and promote Office 365. But since then, there hasn't been any substantial improvement. But it's still an incohesive and incohesive experience. Windows has old programming code at its core and the way it was designed results in new software having to conform to an older framework. Windows would have to recieve structural changes to modernize the operating system, but Microsoft will probably not do this because they value backwards compatibility and Windows 7 apps might not work on a totally designed Windows 10. Windows 10 overall is bloated, makes simple tasks needlessly complicated and doesn't feel like one unified cohesive OS.

The are some of the many issues holding Windows back.

* Frequent drivers issues
* Program installation is relatively slow.
* Background apps which consume a lot of RAM
* Low-res Icons/Menus from the 90's
* Two different application directories
* Two different settings menu's
* Cortana is slow
* Issues recognizing various bluetooth devices
* Viruses/spyware
* Poor scaling of high resolutions
* Generally slows down over time as its inner archives fill up
tbh i prefer windows 7 :)

but yeah all the new tech is for 10.

these issues you list are rather disturbing

naomiwillis

Post by naomiwillis » Tue May 22, 2018 9:58 am

I feel like on Mac OS my work flow is much more efficient. They way of switching between applications, swiping across desktop screens/layers, consistent menu bar location, Preview, etc. just make it a much better package overall and gestures are fluid and natural to use and help with work. If you've ever used a newer end MacBook Pro and compared it to a Windows laptop (Surface, DellXPS) you would notice what I am talking about. The main advantage of the surface however is the pen... it would be great for students who like to take their notes digitally - allows for notes to be taken in subjects like Math which is not practical to type out. If you are a student yourself, I would probably recommend going for a tablet (something with writing capability) as there are studies that claim writing out notes are advantageous over typing them out!

khouji

Post by khouji » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:41 am

I'm a Web Designer [mod: removed commercial content]. I prefer OS X rather than Windows 10.