A QUIET PLACE Movie

Our "pub" where you can post about things completely Off Topic or about non-silent PC issues.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

whispercat

A QUIET PLACE Movie

Post by whispercat » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Just saw the movie A Quiet Place. It's the scariest film I've ever seen since The Exorcist.

But beyond the horror and suspense, the movie also is a meditation on sound, and how we take it for granted. All the things we normally do on a daily basis without thinking about the noise they generate. It made me think about what it would be like to live in a quiet environment 24 hours a day, in which any little sound has potentially fatal consequences. I imagined what a noisy computer would have done to that family..:-)

Anyway, a great movie with a Hitchcock vibe to it. I would highly recommend it to SPCR members.

Gionety07

Re: A QUIET PLACE Movie

Post by Gionety07 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:08 am

Oh my god! I watched this movie when my kids were at their granny’s place enjoying and watching shows by Andy Yeatman. The movie was scary and it made me get up from seat at times. I watched it with my friends. I liked it though. It is good to watch such movies sometimes.

[Gratuitous link removed by Mod]

Source

Post by Source » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 am

Just checked out the trailer. Looks really scary, i will watch it tonight, thank you!

alethi

Post by alethi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:11 pm

Being in a completely quiet environment, such as inside an anechoic chamber, is extremely creepy and unnerving.

gracebenji

Post by gracebenji » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:41 am

I watched it alone in my home and it scared the hell outta me. I wasn't able to sleep that night

RobinSm89

Post by RobinSm89 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:32 am

I love how this movie is set in 2020, and, considering how this year has been nothing but bad news at this point, I won't be surprised if the world gets destroyed by aliens next month. :D

franksivero

Post by franksivero » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:54 pm

A Quiet Place is a nerve-shredder. It’s a movie designed to make you an active participant in a game of tension, not just a passive observer in an unfolding horror.

MarkSabier14

Post by MarkSabier14 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:23 am

I love how this movie is set in 2020, and, considering how this year has been nothing but bad news at this point, I won't be surprised if the world gets destroyed by aliens next month.