Gtx 780 ti or Gtx 780

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Silentpusher

Gtx 780 ti or Gtx 780

Post by Silentpusher » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:26 am

Hi

I received some great help from Abula on what components to pick for my new build :)

Now I am debating on what GPU to pick over Gtx 780 ti or Gtx 780.

I got this really interesting link form Abula http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/ ... ng/23.html

But If I would buy a third part cooler for the Gtx 780 ti or Gtx 780 that is really quiet, what should I pick?

I would like a new air cooler suggestion.

Thanks!

Abula

Re: Gtx 780 ti or Gtx 780

Post by Abula » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Personally I think Msi did a great job with all their twin frozr line, most of them are the quietest among the the coolers that each company implements, that said, there is no way any card can compete with a cooler like prolimatech mk26, the massive size of the heatsink and that it allows to use 2x 120mm (and some140s), that makes it an unfair comparison. But there always risks into going aftermarket, you could ruin it mishandling it, it might or not fit fully, it introduces more weight that the pc band the PCI are design, you need 4 PCI slots to fit it, sometimes the pwm design of the card don't work well with all fans, among other things. So it's a gamble, weather it's worth it or not it's up to you. I would go go with the msi, and test it in your pc, and then decide if you want to go or need more cooling.

Now between models, it's also up to you and if you feel it's worth the money, most of the mid end cards are what most call the best bang for the buck, the gains in performance on high end cards is small for what you pay, but really comes down to what games you play and the resolution you intend to, even cards like gtx760 can handle many games at 1080p, but there are games and people that run higher res or need more fps, then there is a niche market for this high end cards, weather you are a part of it it's up to you and your wallet.