buying a GTX970, which has the best acoustics?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

novicemapper

buying a GTX970, which has the best acoustics?

Post by novicemapper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:19 am

after amd has unveiled its super bad cards for the price, i decided to go with a GTX970.
i narrowed my card options to gigabyte g1, msi gaming 4g.. and one of the evga's..
i saw heard those: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmiVf9cmA9I

now my problem is this: im buying from amazon.. which means no local warranties.. which means i need to have a company that has a great customer support.
now i heard great thing of evga's customer support and RMA procedures.. even for abroad customers.. and i can't say the same for msi and gigabyte.

the g1 gaming's fan are really quite in load.. and they are superior to the rest of the cards.
and 2nd after it comes the msi gaming 4g.. and i saw that people complain about evga's gtx 970's noise.

and im in a pickle.
the prices dont make much difference.. g1 = 350$, gaming 4g = 349$, acx 2.0 = 330$.

Abula

Re: buying a GTX970, which has the best acoustics?

Post by Abula » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:16 am

novicemapper wrote:after amd has unveiled its super bad cards for the price, i decided to go with a GTX970.
i narrowed my card options to gigabyte g1, msi gaming 4g.. and one of the evga's..
My first choice is MSI, second Asus, third Gigabyte, then the rest. I own two Asus gtx970 Strix, and they are perfect at idle, even at low loads they are very quiet, the problem comes with a demanding game, as the card needs more cooling the fans ramp up, but in my experience, I also own a MSI GTX960, its a little more quiet under load, at least the tone of the fans, that's not to say its silent on load, but i like more the tone over the asus cards, which start to should like Jet engine once they pass 1600rpms.
novicemapper wrote:now my problem is this: im buying from amazon.. which means no local warranties.. which means i need to have a company that has a great customer support.
now i heard great thing of evga's customer support and RMA procedures.. even for abroad customers.. and i can't say the same for msi and gigabyte.
Amazon is pretty good for the first 30 days, most of the time there is no issues returning items, their RMA is pretty good, after this you have to deal with the warranty and the head quarters of the card.
novicemapper wrote:the g1 gaming's fan are really quite in load.. and they are superior to the rest of the cards.
and 2nd after it comes the msi gaming 4g.. and i saw that people complain about evga's gtx 970's noise.
If you feel the gigabyte fans are better on load, go for it, for me its MSI in my future cards.

atmartens

Re: buying a GTX970, which has the best acoustics?

Post by atmartens » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:49 pm

novicemapper wrote:after amd has unveiled its super bad cards for the price, i decided to go with a GTX970.
I realize this doesn't answer your question, but it might be worth waiting to see how AMD's Nano card performs.