source for NB32J?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

BaconTastesGood

source for NB32J?

Post by BaconTastesGood » Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:54 am

I'm looking for a reputable dealer of NB32J heatsinks that will ship USPS. For a $5.00 part I don't really like the idea of spending another $6 on shipping! Also, I'd prefer a dealer that doesn't use the cheezy Yahoo! Shopping Cart (why do so many shops use that?!)

My preference is typically NewEgg, but they seem very slow to pick up stuff like this.

My TNT2 Ultra's fan just died, so I figure this would be a good experiment for slapping on an NB32J =)

BaconTastesGood

Post by BaconTastesGood » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:05 am

Nevermind, NewEgg DOES carry it for only $5 (although shipping was still another $5, but I'll pay the extra since I trust them).

The reason I couldn't find is that they don't call it the "NB32J" and they don't list it under VGA or NB heatsinks. I found it indirectly through pricewatch, where they call it "Zalman Motherboard Heatsink" or something like that.

/me thinks that NewEgg could use a site redesign...

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:45 am

Have you looked at Silicon Acoustics (one of SPCRs sponsers)? They seem to work with folks on shipping (they ship to Canada for instance) so it might be worthwhile to contact them.

BaconTastesGood

Post by BaconTastesGood » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:51 am

Yes, I looked there, but either their Web site is borked or they don't like Mozilla, because the first time I tried they quoted $50.00 for shipping via USPS (!), and now when I'm there it just errors out =(

SometimesWarrior
Patron of SPCR

Post by SometimesWarrior » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:24 pm

Well, if you can live with the Yahoo shopping cart (what's wrong with it, anyway? It works fine for me!), SVC sells it for $4.75, and they have fair USPS shipping prices--I once bought six power-cable extensions from them, and the shipping (about 60 miles distance) was $1.25.

BaconTastesGood

Post by BaconTastesGood » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:56 pm

I don't like the Yahoo Shopping Cart because it forces me to create a yahoo shopping account. Yet more information I don't need/want floating around.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:12 am

BaconTastesGood wrote:I don't like the Yahoo Shopping Cart because it forces me to create a yahoo shopping account. Yet more information I don't need/want floating around.
You don't need to create an account to use a Yahoo cart. I've used them hundreds of times and have never been prompted to create any account or log on to any existing account.

As a matter of fact, to test this I just ordered a tube of the new Arctic Silver 5 from SVC ($7 with free shipping). There's no place on the Yahoo page that has anything to do with an account.

I use Firebird but I also checked with IE and the page doesn't look any different.

BaconTastesGood

Post by BaconTastesGood » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:21 am

Weird. EVERY time I try to use it, it forces me to login with a Yahoo ID...

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Sat Oct 25, 2003 5:53 am

BaconTastesGood wrote:Weird. EVERY time I try to use it, it forces me to login with a Yahoo ID...
You've probably got some Yahoo cookie on your box.