Quiet graphics card with high-q 2D and TV-out?

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

feldt

Quiet graphics card with high-q 2D and TV-out?

Post by feldt » Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:53 am

I need a graphics card with top-notch 2D and TV-out quality but 3D is less of an issue (I'm not much of a gamer). Of course it needs to be quiet to match the rest of my system, perferably without any fans at all. Anyone got some proposals?

Fabool

Post by Fabool » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:58 am

I'm not really up to date on who has the best 2D quality now but I'd wager the situation hasn't changed much in a few years and Matrox still has the best 2D quality. The gap isn't that big anymore though and ATi has pretty nice 2D quality too, as well as excellent 3D performance which the Matrox cards lack.
Not sure if their cards have good TV out or if they are quiet but check their line of cards at: http://www.matrox.com .

al bundy

Re: Quiet graphics card with high-q 2D and TV-out?

Post by al bundy » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:57 pm

feldt wrote:I need a graphics card with top-notch 2D and TV-out quality but 3D is less of an issue (I'm not much of a gamer). Of course it needs to be quiet to match the rest of my system, perferably without any fans at all. Anyone got some proposals?
I will also recommend Matrox to you for these needs. Check out their newer line of cards with passive cooling.

8)

bsdgeek

Post by bsdgeek » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:40 pm

Find an old G400 regular, passive, great 2d, best TV out quality to date. (better than Parhelia, and I'm told 9700Pro)