graphics card for the Antec minuet

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

mynci
Friend of SPCR

graphics card for the Antec minuet

Post by mynci » Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:21 am

while im here ill just put this on record - it would have helped me in not taking a risk on a card i had no physical dimensions for.

the saphire radeon 7000 (64mb sdr). will fit in the antec minuet case. it needs the face plate to be altered but other than that it is fine.

cheers
mynci

starsky
Friend of SPCR

Post by starsky » Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:29 pm

How did you have to modify the faceplate? Is the faceplate too tall?

I thought the slots were standard, just that card height was a problem.

mynci
Friend of SPCR

Post by mynci » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:27 am

the slots are half height, the card came wth a full height retention plate, but because the card is small enough to fit in the case the retention plate can be bent at the top of the card, cut and drilled. and then its like having a half height card.
essentially the card fits, but the backplate doesnt, currently i have reoved the backplate altoger as i dont want to invalidate the cards warranty, just yet.

i would not buy the minuet just yet, when i get chance (perhaps later today) i will explain some of its issues (they can be overcome, but its not an out the box solution). for example after 30 minutes of stock setup my barracuda was up in the highg fifties and the metal enclosure was unpleasant to hold you hand on. lukily the case is tall enough to put 80mm fans in so it can be modded.

hope that helps, shout if i still havent explained what i mean well enough.

cheers
mynci.