Some Arctic-cooling VGA Silencer news

They make noise, too.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Fabool

Some Arctic-cooling VGA Silencer news

Post by Fabool » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:29 am

I noticed Arctic-cooling has updated their compatibility document (their website is currently a bit messed up, at least for me it is).

They state that the cooler does NOT fit AIW and XT cards BUT they say that revision 2 is compatible with AIW cards. I'm not sure if it's already in stores since the description is a bit vague.
They also mention a new version (the already mentioned revision 2?) will be completed in February 2004 that will fit 9600 Pro&XT cards (not mentioned if it will fit 9800 XT cards though).

http://www.arctic-cooling.com/en/produc ... ity_en.pdf
The above URL might or might not work but that's where I got the info.

FJC

Post by FJC » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:50 am

Very interesting, though I hate the idea of waiting until February for one for my AIW.

I still think it'll be Dremel Time when my ordered one arrives. :)

Toth

Post by Toth » Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:54 pm

I was originally planning on grabbing a 9800 Pro and using the Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer with it. I've been thinking about grabbing the 9800XT though...more expensive now but it should mean less money later on ;)

Anyway, if I do go with the XT, it is disappointing to see that the VGA Silencer doesn't work with it. Would one of the Zalman coolers with the fan (undervolted?) fit a 9800XT? If not I'll go with the 9800 Pro for sure...it's cheaper anyway and still a great card.