HTPC build advice amd e350

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tired traveller

HTPC build advice amd e350

Post by tired traveller » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi there. Im thinking of building a htpc to connect to our 42" TV.Its functions will be to play streaming movies like lovefilm etc (haven't picked a streaming Service yet), YouTube, internet browsing and watching downloaded content. I have decent DVD player already so don't need optical and not going the bluray route ATM.

I have a main comp handling all my usual powerhouse tasks so this is for lighter use in the bedroom. Currently thinking of something like the gigabyte board that has the amd e350 on it when it comes out. Would like to use a ssd around 60gb maybe. I'v
already got a copy of win 7 laying around for the system. Not sure about case and other options yet and would like suggestions.

I had an asrock at work (needed low power comp due to environment) which I bought for £220 end of 2009. Wondering should I just pick something like this up again cheap for my needs or go the selfbuild route. Not looking to go over £350 on the self build if its the best option.
thanks