VoodooPC fanless Athlon64 3200+ PC <20dB!

Info & chat about quiet prebuilt, small form factor and barebones systems, people's experiences with vendors thereof, etc.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

nicov

VoodooPC fanless Athlon64 3200+ PC <20dB!

Post by nicov » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:27 am

http://www.voodoopc.com/systems/f50.aspx

Apparently also available in P4 version.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:42 am

Don't you recognize that case? It's the new Zalman Passively cooled case.

We've discussed it several times here in the forums.

nicov

Post by nicov » Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:58 pm

Yes, I did recognize it, that's why I posted the link.
Now you can actually buy it. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

MGP

Post by MGP » Mon Dec 08, 2003 2:10 pm

Anyone who would pay that much $$$ for a fanless PC is more than obsessed with silence...it's not that hard to build a quietly-cooled, barely audible PC on your own for much less...enough savings to go out and splurge on a nice display. It's nothing more than very bulky, lan-unfriendly bragging rights. :D

pangit
Patron of SPCR

Post by pangit » Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:35 am

MGP wrote:Anyone who would pay that much $$$ for a fanless PC is more than obsessed with silence...
Yes but if you look at some of Voodoo's other products (such as the watercooled Athlon 64 system - saw it in a magazine for around £4500 I think) you see the sort of market they are in - the top end pre-built systems for the "money is no object" crowd who are not interested in modding.

I'm sure it will sell to those sort of people, but as for us "mere mortals" we will have to continue to hack our cases to bits, undervolt, underclock, suspension mount etc as we'll never be able to afford one! :cry:

Hey Mike, maybe you can get one in for a review? That would be well cool. Aren't Voodoo based in Canada?

Trip
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by Trip » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:44 pm

It uses a Voodoo Aggressor fanless PSU, interesting.

I wonder if it's just a modded Fortron model.

Anyone know much about it?

If they had one, why wouldn't they just whup Silentmaxx in the silent PSU market? Maybe it is connected to the case heatsink as well?

Alright one problem, why didn't they use a Spinpoint HDD?

rjm

Post by rjm » Tue Jan 20, 2004 5:11 am

Trip wrote:If they had one, why wouldn't they just whup Silentmaxx in the silent PSU market? Maybe it is connected to the case heatsink as well?
Presumably it is. Sure its expensive, but think of it has a hushPC with a completely top-of-the-line kick-butt system inside and the price is entirely reasonable. That kind of fit-and-finish don't come cheap. The Hush ATZ if its ever available won't be any cheaper.

I think its great since because it has gamer appeal it will turn people on to silent PCs more than the Hush ever did. Once people realise that you can put a PC in a chuck of aluminum, then we might start seeing much cheaper mass-produced versions, using lower power mobile parts.

RJM

HammerSandwich
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by HammerSandwich » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:33 am

The Zalman comes with its own heatpipe-cooled PSU. I'd bet a cookie that's all the Voodoo uses.