Lian Li PC-V354 HDD resonance (I think)

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

jasjeet

Lian Li PC-V354 HDD resonance (I think)

Post by jasjeet » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:58 am

So got this lovely case eventhough the SPCR article wasnt amazing. But its seriously an excellent case cooling and aesthetics wise, and also the nice aluminium all over.

My configuration runs the stock bottom front fan at the rear exhaust. And the top 140mm is in the default top exhaust position. The top front 120mm is also in default configuration as an intake.
I then have the Corsair H80i in the front bottom slot, however I have no way to attach it to the front panel, as Lian Li use a slide in mechanism which grabs the screw heads, however there is no way i can figure out how to do it with the Corsair screws as they sit flush on the fan.

The bottom HDD mount has been removed to allow for a longer GPU, so I have 3 HDDs in the top HDD mount and I have an SSD lying under the bottom most HDD. The fans are pretty much silent, even turning off the Corsair pump has no real noise reduction. So its just a small humming resonance, which must be from the HDD's, kind of hard to tell with the side panel off and putting the ear in the case, but can be heard from the desk.

Are there some tricks i can use to relieve the problem?

Pic of my build:
http://i.imgur.com/Mi8cMPC.jpg