MSI B85-G43 and sleep mode

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

Radunor

MSI B85-G43 and sleep mode

Post by Radunor » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:31 am

For information....

W7-64bits (Home) cannot return from sleep mode on the following config

B85-G43 with I5-4570 + MSI GTX750 Gaming 1MB + SSD crucial

After a complete successfull installation of W7 with all the updates and the drivers etc that when smoothly, I stepped away and when I came back the pc was in sleep mode.
It caused severe blackscreen of the death (not the blue screen) . With black screen, I meaning : it boots then the animated Windows boot animation shows up then pfew .. black and "freeze" nothing to escape to this state but to power down from the hardware power button.... then the windows recovery menu takes over.

Unsure How I did but I eventually had to reinstall the hole thing....
I probably messed up somewhere.

Well now I have disabled the sleep mode. Not a fix but at least erradicate the context from which the problem would be triggered.

Abula

Re: MSI B85-G43 and sleep mode

Post by Abula » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:34 am

Try the newest intel drivers for chipset, sata (both windows and intel rst), flash your mobo bios to the latest bios. And consider disabling sleep/hibernation, with ssds today booting takes very little time.

CA_Steve

Post by CA_Steve » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:56 am

Weird...I found the Z87-G45 works with sleep / hibernate, so you most likely have a driver/setting issue. Mine has it's own oddity...instead of relying upon the keyboard to return from sleep, it uses the case power switch. There's probably a way to change this, but I didn't track it down and I've become used to it :)

Radunor

Post by Radunor » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:03 am

Abula wrote:Try the newest intel drivers for chipset, sata (both windows and intel rst), flash your mobo bios to the latest bios.
To my knowledge they were the latest drivers and the bios was uptodate.