Build Advice - HTPC

Got a shopping cart of parts that you want opinions on? Get advice from members on your planned or existing system (or upgrade).

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

tartare

Build Advice - HTPC

Post by tartare » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:02 am

Hi all,

Glad to find this forum. I'm looking for advice on a Mini Itx build to replace my current HTPC which is having problems.

I know I want this case Akaka Euler Fanless Thin Mini-ITX Case, but I'm not sure what motherboard or processor I should use.

I saw a guide that was a bit old that said use a ASrock board that doesn't exist any more and an i3 4510. I can handle all the rest of the build, just really am confused about:

1. What board would work in the case and is energy efficient?

2. What processor I should choose.

I saw this which doesn't help me since I'm in the US, but I read here that some people had problems with the ASUS board. Any help much appreciated and I'm really glad I found this place.

http://www.atlastsolutions.com/fanless- ... asus-q87t/

CA_Steve

Re: Build Advice - HTPC

Post by CA_Steve » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Welcome to SPCR. The best place to look for motherboard and CPU compatibility is on Akasa's site. Here's the list for the latest case, the Euler T. There's only one recommended Thin mITX board recommended (not like there are many available) for Intel Gen 6, the Gigabyte GA-H170TN. Go with the i3-6100T.