Antec Phantom Users Poll

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

How is your Antec Phantom PSU working out?

Works great, no problems
50%
Works, but... (provide details)
15%
It failed (provide details)
35%

Total votes: 124

Bertyjnr

Post by Bertyjnr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:56 pm

Good news: further to my post above, Antec has agreed to exercise the warranty if I send them photos showing the unit, with the serial number and the cables cut off.

This is very good of them: on the one hand, they suck only accepting European returns to a Holland address. On the other hand, their warranty never stated the consumer can return the product to a same-country address. Also, they're taking my word that the breakdown wasn't my fault; and that I'm not a fraudster whose PSU never broke, who used Photoshop to doctor an image - all for a free PSU. Hey I'm just saying, some people might stoop that low!

They've been very quick so far (same or next day response) so I can't particularly fault them.

I've sent the photos and now await to see if they'll honour my request for a comparably good PSU, or if they'll palm me off with a more standard Neopower 650, as people in this thread have experienced.

Bertyjnr

Post by Bertyjnr » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, further to my last two posts, I received the replacement PSU today by UPS.

The speed and efficiency has been basically faultless, so kudos to Mario at Antec.

Oh yes, they offered me the choice between the NeoPower and another model that seemed a bit worse. Or a better model if I paid nearly the full price of that model! I took the Neo, not sure I'll use it though!