proSilence / Silentmaxx Fanless PCS-350W User Poll

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

How is your proSilence / Silentmaxx Fanless PCS-350W working out?

Works great, no problems
No votes
Works, but... (provide details)
No votes
It failed (provide details)
100%

Total votes: 1

MikeC
Site Admin

proSilence / Silentmaxx Fanless PCS-350W User Poll

Post by MikeC » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:59 am

Seeing how fanless PSUs seem to have higher failure rates than fan-powered ones, it's worthwhile to do a user poll for ALL fanless PSUs we've reviewed.

Aside from answering the poll, please also post how long you've used it and in what conditions. Also, please provide the serial number, purchase date and source of purchase if at all possible.

You must be an owner or user of an proSilence / Silentmaxx Fanless PCS-350W! DO NOT POST if you are not a user. Otherwise, polls such as this will become useless and skewed. Anyone found to be breaking this rule will be immediately banned from SPCR.

ALL proSilence / Silentmaxx Fanless PCS-350W users are encouraged to post, including those who have no problems, NOT just the ones who have experienced trouble.

Keep your posts CIVIL and ON-TOPIC! This thread is not an excuse for proSilence / Silentmaxx -bashing.

Everyone, please read the RULES ABOUT PRODUCT USER FEEDBACK POLLS before posting!

Edwood

Post by Edwood » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:46 pm

I'm going to bump this old poll, since there is a review about a new SilentMaxx Product. They are a shady company that more or less RMA'd my defective proSilence 350, and then ignored me. Ignored phone calls, emails, in fact, I didn't know the company even still existed in the US until now.

This poll needs a third option which should be:

Does NOT work, my proSilence died.

I used it with a very light load. An underclocked 1GHz Pentium 3, with a GeForce 2 MX back in the day. Barely a load on it, yet it still died.

And given the fact that SilentMaxx did not honor their warranty, and to add insult to injury, took posession of my proSilence 350 and more or less stole it. I will never ever buy a single SilentMaxx product again.

I purchased it in 2004 from SiliconAcoustics.com. I posted a thread about SilentMaxx and their fraud here:
http://forums.silentpcreview.com/viewto ... ilence+350

-Ed