Koolance PC2-601: Hazmat situation

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

crackerjax

Koolance PC2-601: Hazmat situation

Post by crackerjax » Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:25 am

I've been using my PC2-601BW watercooled case for over a year now and after I changed the coolant and cleaned out the radiator its been smelling like burnt radiator fluid all the time. If I sit at the computer for more than 10 minutes my lips start to tingle.

Koolance said there might be a small leak and the coolant is evaporating out. Considering how loud the case is I'm none too thrilled that its also giving me cancer.

Has anyone had a similar problem and where was the leak? I'm not seeing anything obvious here. I think I'll take this opportunity to remove the useless hard drive coolers that only serve to trash otherwise good HDD cables. You actually have to turn one drive upside down to make it stick to the cooler, which is tough for a 4 inch cable run. BTW, there is no good way to clean the radiator. Its probably broken now, but it was useless when it was all full of dust.

Bah humbug!

jaganath

Post by jaganath » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:28 pm

What made you switch to the dark side (watercooling)? Come back to air cooling, you know it's the sensible decision.