TT Elements V case, probably not for us (just for laughs)

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

datapappan

TT Elements V case, probably not for us (just for laughs)

Post by datapappan » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Taken from web site:

High-performance Delta fan included: 120 x 120 x 38mm, 240.96 CFM, 62dBA, 5200rpm, 27.48 mm H²0

I know, I know, it's an extreme gamer's case. Just boggled at the figure: 62 dB(A)!

/d

frenchie
Friend of SPCR

Post by frenchie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:08 am

Colorshift Fan with 6 color changing pattern for optimal gaming experience.
:lol:
It's proved that the more colors your fan has, the better you play... right ?

my personnal favorites :
Innovative design for water bottle cage assembly (optional)
240.96 CFM
:twisted: :lol: :lol:
They should add a warning sign : Do not put body parts behind fan ; irreversible skin streching may occur.

Big Pimp Daddy

Post by Big Pimp Daddy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:16 am

Wow! Everyone should buy this case NOW.

Highlights include "Colorshift Fan with 6 color changing pattern for optimal gaming experience." how did pro-gamers live without a tacky lightshow until now?

Not forgetting of course the "Innovative design for water bottle cage assembly" no longer will us luddites have to use a mere glass for our liquid refreshment needs.

This truly is the pinnacle of human achievement.

Just in case you weren't aware of what eye cancer felt like, enjoy:

EDIT - Curses! Beaten to the punch...

Just an ordinary rabbit

Re: TT Elements V case, probably not for us (just for laughs

Post by Just an ordinary rabbit » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:16 am

What about a rack on top to hold a frying pan or something, because if you really need a 120mm fan going at 5200 rpm to keep your graphics card cool, there must be an incredible amount of heat coming from the system. Or if they added another of those "Ultra-high performance Delta" monstrosities to the side panel; I doubt you'd need the daft holder to stick a water bottle (or indeed anything else) to the case.

What is even more confusing is that although the 120mm graphics card fan rotates at 5200 rpm, the rest of the fans are all around a measly ~1000 rpm.
... "Top (exhaust) : 200 x 200 x 20 mm silent Colorshift fan (600/800rpm, 14dBA, 49.735/65.3 CFM)"
I suppose it would be effectively silent because there is no chance of anyone hearing it over that delta jobbie :P

NeilBlanchard

Post by NeilBlanchard » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 am

Damn -- I was going to use this for my new system; but I need 240.97 CFM...

colm

Post by colm » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:54 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Damn -- I was going to use this for my new system; but I need 240.97 CFM...
I could mount this on top of my old subaru engine as a supercharger.

not even the carburator uses that much. :roll:

didn't the 1999 pc-pocalypse fade away into eternity? where does this stuff come from....

Weldingheart

Post by Weldingheart » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:49 pm

NeilBlanchard wrote:Damn -- I was going to use this for my new system; but I need 240.97 CFM...
Probably you forgot that you'll be able to take benefit from the 2 x 50mm fan :twisted: :
Reserved opening for two 50 x 50 mm fan (optional) at rear

Just an ordinary rabbit

Post by Just an ordinary rabbit » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:02 am

The ThermalTake Elements T case is also interesting. It doesn't have any ridiculously fast fans but clicky here, select 'Feature' then 'TtXGameShield' and you will notice that it has a security lock fro lanpartys!

Just an ordinary rabbit

Post by Just an ordinary rabbit » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:15 am

...and continuing in a similar vein, this mouse looks rather cool

edh

Post by edh » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:40 pm

Weldingheart wrote:Probably you forgot that you'll be able to take benefit from the 2 x 50mm fan :twisted: :
Reserved opening for two 50 x 50 mm fan (optional) at rear
Yes, those 50mm fans make all the difference.

And despite the 62dB delta fan everything else is 'rated' at 17dB or less. This is the same with all Thermaltake stuff. What distance in the room was the guy holding the sound pressure level meter? Or was he in a totally different room?

Seriously is this the absolute worst case you can think of for our purposes? Anyone tempted to get one just to rework it and send it back to Thermaltake done properly? Short of switching to some sort of petrol powered fan I can't think how they'd make more noise and even then, a lot of car engines make less than 62dB at low revs.

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:32 pm

Given the dfficulty SPCR has with meaningful fan measurements they should definitely get on to Thermaltake, or maybe Delta, as they can measure the fan's output to 5 significant figures! :) :roll: :D
Also don't fan manufactures sometimes quote RPMs as nominal and ±10%? Or even ±15%!

Looks like it's Delta's specs Tt are quoting.
That monster fan is only in the duct for 2x/3x/4x SLi systems, I'm sure it could be left out and bring the noise way down. I would imaging it helps a lot with keeping loaded graphics cards temps and fan speeds down as will be practically forcing air through the stock box cooler as pictured. Not that it matters as will be totally drowning them noise wise, might be good for a mega GPU folding rig far away from SPCRian ears.

[for anyone that doesn't get it this implies an accuracy to 0.01%, it's unlikely they can do as well as 1% and probably nearer to 10% error, ie 240cfm ± at least 10cfm]

Seb

edh

Post by edh » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:19 am

SebRad wrote:Given the dfficulty SPCR has with meaningful fan measurements they should definitely get on to Thermaltake, or maybe Delta, as they can measure the fan's output to 5 significant figures!
They can't measure to 5sf. What is more likely is that Delta have measured the fan output to be 410 cubic metres per hour (2sf) and then the idiots at Thermaltake have done a very unscientificly calculated (introducing massive errors in quadrature) conversion to imperial measures coming up with an answer that is, technically, wrong. The correct answer would be to 2sf itself so would be 240cfm. Put it in your calculator and it might give 241.something but to 2sf it is 240cfm. 241 would be less accurate.