Antec P180 RMA really smooth

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Live

Antec P180 RMA really smooth

Post by Live » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:26 pm

I have seen some complaints here about Antec RMA service so I just thought I would add my experience which I must say differs.

I bought a P180 a while ago but never had time to unpack and set it up. Well I finally got around to it and encountered some problems. First I had the bulging front door and the ring on the lower drive cage wouldn’t stick to the black thing as it is supposed to.

So I fired away a report to Antec and they responded 2-3 days later. I provided my receipt as proof of purchase and my shipping address and now a replacement for both items are in the mail. No sending stuff in or any hassles like that. Just straight forward help to fix my problems.

Efficiently handled in a timely fashion; what more can you ask for?

Way to go Antec!

mbetea

Post by mbetea » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:55 pm

Well Antec on your side of the pond seems to be more "on the ball" than their US counterparts. I just got my replacement side panels and door. I was lucky they screwed up and ended up sending 3 front doors and 3 side panels.

I say I was lucky because 2 of the front doors were bulging worse than my original door. And one of the side panels had 2 of the plastic hooks broken off. The one front door that I ended up installing is warped a bit but it's better than the original was. So at least for Antec-US, I still stand by what I've said before.

mexell

Post by mexell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:51 am

I say I was lucky because 2 of the front doors were bulging worse than my original door. And one of the side panels had 2 of the plastic hooks broken off. The one front door that I ended up installing is warped a bit but it's better than the original was. So at least for Antec-US, I still stand by what I've said before.
Haha, almost exactly the same thing happend to me. I got replacements for my bulging side panels twice. All eight hooks of the first panels I received were broken. The second panels arrived with one hook broken.

I mailed them if they perhaps want to rethink their packaging for these items, and they said they would. In the same mail they asked whether I want a third replacement but I said no.

But when it comes to service speed and being "on the ball" you're right. No complaints regarding this.

cjmuk

Post by cjmuk » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:36 am

I'm afraid my experience of Antec is rather limited. My P180 is the first Antec product I've ever owned.

I was pleased with it when I got it, but after a couple of months, the door broke - one of the small pins on the 'hinge' component broke of under very little strain.

I spoke to the reseller (who are responsible for the first 12mths); they were happy to RMA it but would need to send the whole case back! So I contacted Antec directly and they had a new door delivered within a week or so.

Can't fault them as yet...