be quiet!’s excellent support

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

gasganet

be quiet!’s excellent support

Post by gasganet » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:25 am

Usually we post examples of bad customer service but this case proves some companies really care.

One of the fans in my be quiet! psu was clicking badly and I emailed the technical support in Germany to ask for details to buy a new one.

The guy answered quickly and instead of providing me the fan specs he just asked for my address to send me a new set of fans. A few days later I received two new fans!

SebRad
Patron of SPCR

Post by SebRad » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:05 am

Hi, I had a similar experience with Logitech. I have a relatively fancy cordless keyboard/mouse (one of the first I think) and I explained that I'd manage to put the keyboard on the floor and stand on it :oops: This broke one of the legs at the back, it's a plastic bit that clips in and can be folded to allow keyboard to lie flat like most keyboards have. I asked if it was possible to buy a replacement as glue was, unsurprisingly, unsuccessful. They sent me both legs (sided and they weren't sure which I needed) for free and pretty promptly.
Probably cost them pennies but left me with a good feeling about the company and I'll probably look to them first when I want a replacement so in the long term they win.
Seb

nici

Post by nici » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:48 pm

SebRad wrote: Probably cost them pennies but left me with a good feeling about the company and I'll probably look to them first when I want a replacement so in the long term they win.
Something very few companies do unfortunately...

I e-mailed BeQuiet! a couple years ago and got a fast response wich answered my questions, the english was pretty bad being slightly better than my German but who cares :) At least it wasn't a pre written crappy response wich makes no sense..

mexell

Post by mexell » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:41 am

I made almost exactly the same experience with bequiet. Some weeks ago my psu started ugly noise. Unfortunately I couldn't find my receipt (my psu's almost 3 years old) so I browsed their web page and found out that they offer a 3 year warranty.

I called them on their toll-free number and the guy on the other end said to me that he's afraid they offer the 3-year warranty only for their newer products, but of course(!) they will send me new fans for free.

An hour or so later I received an email that the new fans have just left their house. The next day they were in my mailbox.

I would very much appreciate SPCR testing one of their psus, because their service is among the greatest I've experienced so far.

nici

Post by nici » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:44 am

MikeC said there's a couple of their PSUs waiting to be tested. I think it was in the Mushkin PSU review discussion.