XFX Support lacking

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Aris

XFX Support lacking

Post by Aris » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:59 pm

I'm having some technical problems trying to get my xfx 7600gs to work with a specific motherboard. It works with other motherboards, and other video cards work with the motherboard in question.

I contacted both the motherboard manufacturer and the video manufacturer to try and figure out what the problem is.

Mother board tech support was pretty good (Commell), gave me some suggestions, and some things to try.

XFX on the other hand continues to insist it doesnt work because i dont have the specified 350w PSU that nVidia says i should have for it, and will not consider any other possibility. I told him my total system DC power draw is less than 50watts without the video card, and that my 220w power adapter is more than enough to cover the difference for the video card. I also stated that a different video card with a high power consumption works fine in the same system.

My original question to XFX was simple. "Do you have a bios update for this card", and after multiple email replies they still havnt even MENTIONED the word bios in a repy, let alone tell me if they have an updated version or not.

I think my next video card will be with a different company.

vfrex

Post by vfrex » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:42 am

The forums at bjorn3d.com host some XFX tech support. I'm not sure of the exact nature of that agreement, but you could get some attention about it there.

kittle
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by kittle » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:27 pm

I had simmilar sounding problems with an XFX 6600 AGP card.

The intention was to upgrade my old Ti4600 card to something with dual dvi.
However, the drivers that came on the CD would not even find the card. Drivers downloaded from nvidia would find the card, but would not run after installation -- something about a memory conflict with my AGP controller, which i found very strange because it was an agp card. Same problem with drivers downloaded from the XFX site.

Tech support over email was only slightly helpful. I ended up sending the card back to the store where i bought it and got a refund, put my old Ti4600 back and kept it.