Another thumbs up for Antec

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Mega.Man

Another thumbs up for Antec

Post by Mega.Man » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:24 am

I recently bought an Antec P180 from Savastore.com (UK) after asking whether it was the newest version or not and they said it was .... it wasnt :roll:
After complaining they were just generally useless to cut a long story short. But their history of dodgy customer service I suppose should have dissuaded me. Anyway, I gave up with them and asked Antec if they would sought it out, even though it wasn't their fault. Basically to send me a fan clip, vented pci slots and a fan ... they agreed within an hour of my email! Huzzah! :D

I also broke one of the side panel hooks, which from what I have read is occasionally a problem, after a formal RMA request, they agreed to send one out straight away!

All in all, very good!

kater

Post by kater » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:56 pm

wow, sounds impressive, really - i mean it. with all the farm animal manure you hear from a lot of people in this business such behavior deserves praise

btw, i've just ordered a P150 from a not-so-local vendor. i'm sure it's money well spent (a lot of money, sure). and that's all very well - a job well done deserves to be rewarded. fine with me.

now, i just need to wait ca 2 weeks before they ship the case. will have to practice being patient - a somehow new notion for me. mmmm, i'm already restless... God help me... i ... can't ... mgrrrrr ... ijustcan'tstandwaitingineedmycaseandineedeitnow!!!

Mega.Man

Post by Mega.Man » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:31 am

Patience kater, patience :P ... good things come to those that wait

I was impressed with the antec service (hence the thread :wink: ) & i will certainly factor it into future purchases.

Shhh,Peaceful

Post by Shhh,Peaceful » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:39 am

Here's my only Antec experience.

I ordered a P150 from their B-stock site

I ordered from Antec direct (also in CA) it took them 10 days to get it to me. They shipped it 'signature required' so I had to take a day off from work to wait for it. I got an automated call from UPS that it would be delivered the next day and I had to sign for it. They told me it would be there between 8am and 7pm. It ended up showing up at 5:30pm.

Also Antec sent me the wrong tracking number and my invoice has the wrong ship date on it. The woman I talked to about the wrong tracking number said that they have to 'cut and past' the tracking numbers into their system and she had no idea where the tracking number I got came from

Not to much faith on my part as far as Antec is concerned.

But, the case is excellent and from their B-stock site I got it for $72 + shipping!