Nexfan order troubles

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Lazaredz

Nexfan order troubles

Post by Lazaredz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:04 am

Well, I started having concerns and asked about Nexfan.com here. I have tried over 6 times via email and 3 times by phone to contact Nexfan to no avail. I'm not sure what the problem is (with my order OR keeping in contact with me) but I have no qualms about saying "This is the WORST online ordering experiance I have had in my 8 years of doing so".

I would suggest people avoid nexfan.com and I will be filing with the BBB later today. If anyone has any idea as to where I can fill out a review about them online (they do not appear to be on resellers.com) please post it up.

/big thumbs down

:(

P.S. Just checked with my credit card company. Nexfan DID charge my card on 11/11/6 for the full amount ($38.xx). I have put it into dispute.

Lazaredz

Post by Lazaredz » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:18 pm

UPDATE

After I had informed Nexfan of my actions reguarding BBB, the credit card company, and my post here I heard back from them rather quickly via email. They stated the package had been sent on 11/21/6 and gave me a delivery confirmation number.

I made some inquireries here at my front desk and with the USPS and determined that the package had been misdelivered on 11/24/6. I was then able to track it down and did recieve all 12 of my fans.

I still stand by my statement that Nexfan has VERY poor comunications and business practices. I would not recommend them and will not be ordering with them again.

gran

Post by gran » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:34 am

I can second the caution against Nexfan. I ordered a few Yate Loon fans over a week ago and while Nexfan charged my credit card immediately, I have received no word on the status of the order. Repeated emails fall into a black hole and calls are never answered.

I just sent them a final "warning" email saying that I expect some sort of resolution or I will dispute the charge and report them to the BBB. We'll see what happens.

No matter what, though, Nexfan is on my black list of companies never to deal with again.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:03 pm

I can tell you what I know based on my experience. I ordered some stuff and did not hear anything for 9 days. Then on March 6th I emailed the person in the a.m. and waited. By the afternoon I called because I didn't hear anything. I simply asked "Is everything all right?". He replied back and apologized. He said he had a family emergency. While I agree you shouldn't leave you customers just hanging there I can understand from unpleasant experience what family emergency means. You drop everything and go.

Anyways he said he sent out everything priority mail. Well it was on my doorstep at 8:30 a.m. on March 8th, so he was honest about that.

Take it from someone who's blown up many bridges it can pay nicely to just ask what's going on before jumping to conclusions. I'm not saying that anybody here did go off on the guy, I don't know. But if he's running a family member to the hospital for chemo or something of that nature returning to hear somebody go off because they didn't get their fans isn't going to help the situation is all.

Stores clearly exist to make money, so in many cases to intentionally ignore customers takes some prioritizing, and nexfan has been there a long time.

My 2 cents.

granroth

Post by granroth » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:06 pm

Yep, I got a response to my email this time in only a half-hour or so. He informed me of the family emergency and promised to ship out my order ASAP. We'll see how that goes.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:18 am

Granroth, did you get your order?

granroth

Post by granroth » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:09 pm

aristide1 wrote:Granroth, did you get your order?
Nope. I'm going to send him another email today prodding him some more and probably give another call and leave a message. Honestly, I've already given up hope on receiving the fans in a timely manner and am now on the track of hoping for a canceled order and full refund.

EDITED: I got a response from Josh after about 20 minutes. He said that my order shipped out earlier today and gave me a tracking number. Wish me luck! :roll:
Last edited by granroth on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bendit

Post by bendit » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:45 pm

I ordered three yl fans today (great prices) and had second thoughts, because I really didn't need them. So I quickly canceled the order. Josh replied very quickly and agreed to cancel the order and promptly refunded the paypal transfer.

btw, I asked about Scythe coolers and he said they were going to carry them and to check back.

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:04 am

granroth wrote:
Nope. I'm going to send him another email today prodding him some more and probably give another call and leave a message. Honestly, I've already given up hope on receiving the fans in a timely manner and am now on the track of hoping for a canceled order and full refund.

EDITED: I got a response from Josh after about 20 minutes. He said that my order shipped out earlier today and gave me a tracking number. Wish me luck! :roll:
So a week later did you get the stuff or just more excuses. :?

gran

Post by gran » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:25 am

aristide1 wrote:
granroth wrote:

So a week later did you get the stuff or just more excuses. :?
Yes! I totally forgot to update my post here. My fans arrived a couple days later in perfect condition.

In the end, all's well that ends well, I guess. I got the fans I wanted for a great price... it just took a few weeks longer than I would have liked. I am going to avoid Nexfan from now on and won't recommend them, but harbor no ill will.

Heh... so my "replacement" fans that I ordered from X-PC Gear arrived on the same day. Now I have fans out the wazoo :shock:

aristide1
*Lifetime Patron*

Post by aristide1 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:24 pm

Now I have fans out the wazoo
Hey! That's where I stored my fans too!

:shock:

miztahsparklez

Post by miztahsparklez » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:30 pm

a couple of my fans came in broken.. and its impossible trying to contact and get a replacement...

one of the fans were so bad that the blades and the whole fan motor was separate from the outer frame.

to make it worse, one of the 92mm fans that i ordered doesnt like to spin up, or when it does, it makes a crapload of clicking noises, when compared to the other one.(i have 2 92mm fans)

will never order again... if anyone has some info about getting some replacements from him let me know. :evil:

jaldridge6

Post by jaldridge6 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:41 am

reputations are such fragile things. the larger you get the less people are willing to forgive. you should see the distress on the Dell forums :roll:

cjpark

Post by cjpark » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:38 am

I had a fan arrive broken from Nexfan once. Sent him an e-mail and he asked if I could send a picture. Sent in the picture and a new fan was shipped out to me immediately. I've had nothing but excellent service from Nexfan after 5 or so orders.