Samsung needs to be reminded not to screw the consumer

Share your experiences about noisy computers and components, and vendors responses to your valid complaints.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

Rutar

Samsung needs to be reminded not to screw the consumer

Post by Rutar » Wed May 09, 2007 11:59 pm

http://www.behardware.com/articles/667- ... rdict.html

I bet everyone remembers the russian roulette situation with the Nidec and JVC motors on the Spinpoint drives and here it is even worse as the not tested Chimei Panels are cheap chinese crap that is sold 100 $ cheaper in other monitors while the Asus 22" which is identical to the A Panel goes for 50$ less.

We cannot tolarate this and I recommend everyone contact their local Samsung office and retailers to notify them that you are not taking this crap (in a proffesional manner of course).

Otherwise we will soon be never sure to get what we payed for from anyone.

Xhyra

Post by Xhyra » Thu May 10, 2007 12:08 am

They solved the shortage, I don't see how anyone is getting screwed.

Buying a panel over the internet is risky, but picking one up at a brick & mortar store allows you to crack the box and check the monitor out (Best Buy allowed me to anyway, and even gave me an open box deal after I was done).

Rutar

Post by Rutar » Thu May 10, 2007 12:16 am

Xhyra wrote:They solved the shortage, I don't see how anyone is getting screwed.

Buying a panel over the internet is risky, but picking one up at a brick & mortar store allows you to crack the box and check the monitor out (Best Buy allowed me to anyway, and even gave me an open box deal after I was done).
It shouldn't be risky it should be that if there is no stock of the superior S panel and you have to get an A one which is sold under a different name so you get the cheaper price and you KNOW what is going on.

Samsung is even labelling A panels with S to decieve consumers (see link).

If you buy a mercedes because every review is raving about how great the engine is and you recieve one with a Hyundai engine that is inferior but you still pay the full price, would you be ok with it?

rpsgc
Friend of SPCR

Post by rpsgc » Thu May 10, 2007 1:37 am

Inferior panel = Cheaper price, no?
Greedy bastards.

Rutar

Post by Rutar » Thu May 10, 2007 2:58 am

I already got a reply they are forwarding the issue in my country.

they haven't solved the shortage btw, there are TONNs of crappy panels still in the channels