It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Good fanless laptop with Celeron/Pentium?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:42 am 

I want to buy a fanless laptop that is cheap, ie. not as expensive as Core M laptops, the options I have is Celeron and Pentium N series processors AFAIK. I can think of Atom too, if you know of something interesting (when I searched they seemed worse than the N series ones).

I want to run Linux on this laptop, but if you don't know about Linux, just ignore this, I'll do the research myself.

I don't want anything bigger than 16" or smaller than 10". Ideal is 13" and 15" is better than 10". I want to have it absolutely silent, so I want an SSD, if the HDD is replacable, I can replace it. I can live with 2GB of RAM, but I prefer to have 4 and even extend it to 8 (but that might be overkill). I prefer a matte screen. It should work on battery for 4 hours at least, but of course more is better. I like mobility in laptops, so small, light etc., but I also like durability, so sturdy construction, good build quality, ability to replace RAM, disk, battery. I don't care about touch screens, hybrid tablets, but I don't mind them unless it's easy to break the screen because of that (it's easy in tablets, but not in laptops).

These are the models that I found in one shop (you can recommend others surely!): HP 250 G3 (Pentium N3540 and Celeron), HP 250 G2, Lenovo G50-30 (with Pentium N3530 and with Celeron N2840), ASUS X401A, HP Pavilion 11 (Pentium N3510), Acer Switch 10 (some Pentium), HP Stream 13", ASUS P553M, Lenovo G40-30 (Celeron), ASUS X443MA-SX455B (Celeron N2840), Dell Inspiron 15 i3531, Acer Aspire E3-111, Lenovo Yoga 2 11, HP Pro X2 410 G1.

Anyone I asked, they said they have fans, others did not answer. It would be very nice if you told me what should I look for and exactly what, ie. what specific model of some laptop and how to know if that's it. Perhaps I could order a laptop and return it if not fanless, but I prefer not to.