Good power manager program for laptop

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

thejamppa
Location: Missing in Finnish wilderness, howling to moon with wolf brethren and walking with brother bears

Good power manager program for laptop

Post by thejamppa » Sun May 23, 2010 4:56 am

Hi all!

I recently got Acer Aspire 7735G + Windows 7 upgrade kit. In vista Acer had powersmart thingies and a button which enabled PowerSaving mode. The Powersmart worked differently in Windows 7 but I'd like to use less cumberstome power saving program other than Acer's own. Acer eMpowering technology is cumberstone and its framework causes some destabilization.

I'd also like to have bit more control in power managing what Win 7 offers.

Am I looking non-existing program and I should be satisfied Windows 7's own power controlling systems?

Oh, yes, my bluetooh doesn't work anymore in Win7. In Vista drivers install correctly but in Win 7 drivers say no device found. Oh,well. I still like my new laptop. I just want to get ridd of most unnecessary things Acer filled HDD with.

Ralf Hutter
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Ralf Hutter » Tue May 25, 2010 5:58 am

The Win 7 Power Control features are fairly decent. Make sure you go into the advanced section, that will allow you to set a bunch of parameters.

That's the best that I can suggest though. I use Thinkpads which have pretty nice power management software, so I've never had to go looking for third-party apps.