Acer Aspire V 11 and E 11

More popular than ever, but some are still very noisy.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee

shaoyu

Acer Aspire V 11 and E 11

Post by shaoyu » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:59 am

Aspire V 11 reviewed by liliputing:
http://liliputing.com/2014/07/acer-aspi ... eview.html

I also put up my own review of Aspire E 11 at:
http://computingearth.blogspot.com/2014 ... aptop.html

Those are the Bay Trail fanless laptops/netbooks from Acer.

greenfrank

Re: Acer Aspire V 11 and E 11

Post by greenfrank » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I've bought an Acer E 11, actually the lowest-end version of this, with only two usb ports and a 250GB hard drive. This is an amazing laptop for this price (3300 mexican pesos, this is around 235 dollars). Good sound, webcam, keyboard, it is very lightweight and near silent because is fanless. Screen resolution is also quite good, and the performance of this machine is very responsive either with windows 8 or linux. Battery last 5 hours and half with average use.
I have installed Linux Mint 17, this way the netbook is even more fast and snappy than with windows. I can easily mulltitask in it (music in the background, office tasks, several firefox tabs open...).
I'm very happy with this little inexpensive notebook.

bastiaan

Re: Acer Aspire V 11 and E 11

Post by bastiaan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:40 am

Going by the figures in the V11 review the performance of these Bay Trail pentiums is very impressive given the power consumption. It looks like the figures are 'competitive' with a mobile core i3 CPU, even if perhaps not with the i5 tested.

The lack of fan is interesting, but from the sounds of review this makes the laptops too hot when stressed, at least for actually having it on one's lap.

Now all I need is a significantly bigger, and matte, high-res display, and I'll have found my new laptop... :mrgreen: