Aerocool VM-101 fits MSi NX6600GT VTD128

Closely moderated reviews by forum members willing to share their experience and accept stiff peer review. Open only to registered forum members.

Moderators: NeilBlanchard, Ralf Hutter, sthayashi, Lawrence Lee, Devonavar

freshjuice
Friend of SPCR

Post by freshjuice » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:44 pm

Edward Ng wrote:
freshjuice wrote:Whatever the issue, I am actually submitting an RMA on the card. After running with the stock fan for a bit, it started to fail again.

It could be unrelated, so we'll have to see. It's a good thing I didn't sell the stock fan!

THe good thing is, I actually had a X800XT lying around. :o I'm in the process of selling pulled parts from someone else's gaming system. I had to put the VM-101 so it sticks of it pretty far to avoid the XP-90, but it actually runs really well with the fanless solution!
In that case, it looks like the card either A) was defective to start with, but got worse over time or B) really did suffer heat damage.

:?
Yeah, I'm worried they'll figure out it was modded and hose my warranty! :cry:

Edward Ng
SPCR Reviewer

Post by Edward Ng » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:03 pm

freshjuice wrote:
Edward Ng wrote:
freshjuice wrote:Whatever the issue, I am actually submitting an RMA on the card. After running with the stock fan for a bit, it started to fail again.

It could be unrelated, so we'll have to see. It's a good thing I didn't sell the stock fan!

THe good thing is, I actually had a X800XT lying around. :o I'm in the process of selling pulled parts from someone else's gaming system. I had to put the VM-101 so it sticks of it pretty far to avoid the XP-90, but it actually runs really well with the fanless solution!
In that case, it looks like the card either A) was defective to start with, but got worse over time or B) really did suffer heat damage.

:?
Yeah, I'm worried they'll figure out it was modded and hose my warranty! :cry:
That's highly unlikely; it would cost them more in personnel costs to examine every single returned piece that carefully than they'd get back in rejected coverage.

So don't worry. :wink: